• Register Today It's free!

03 expo fuel filter wont come off

gforceman

Reaction score
City, State
Virginia beach VA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 limited 4.6 V8
trying to remove fuel filter i got the 2 lines off one side of filter , i bought the metal removel tool its doesnt fit over the filter tube so i tryed the plastic tools and the line will not come off the filter which color tool is used , i tryed the light blue and the grey to no avail if i cannot remove line ill have to keep using old one also whats the correct size ford uses to remove line thx

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Plan B for You My Friend!

The same happen to me last week. The L.blue is the one, but as for me and yourself that PLASTIC tool (would not) work. So plan be is get to your AutoZone or prefered Auto PArts and get the aluminum tools. I gut put some CRC or WD40 to get out of dirt or oxidation and use the gold color kit. I can send you pix later or part number. But you will see them and know what i am talking about. I fyou need the extra pull use a open wrench a pry the extraction tool to release the coupling off. Hope I help you a little and don't have to get in the same situation that I have taking out the hose. That plastic tool it's crap. IMO;)

sometime its easier set the tool on the line the push the fuel line towards the filter the pull it back real quick

Xplor PR can you send the part number is it from autozone ? and a pic if poss . i couldnt get the line off so i had to reassemble with the old filter till i have more time to replace it ..

If you got the Chrome one from Autozone it is the right one.

Here is what you need to do:

Use masking tape to tape the tool closed. Use a drill and the bit that is the size of the hole in the tool and drill it out. The chrome they plated the tool with made the hole just a little smaller than the measurement preventing it from closing over the fuel line.

I had the same problem and was MFing the thing for 2 hours until I tried this after some bloody knuckles and a headache and it worked like a charm.

Part Number 25150

Heres is the Pix for the Set and the tool I already talk about.
http://s1178.photobucket.com/albums/x378/Xplor-PR/?action=view&current=PICT0016.jpg 25150 Part Number Tool Set from AutoZone;)

http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x378/Xplor-PR/th_PICT0020.jpg?t=1294065746

You will notice the small scratches from prying with the open wrench. The charm of this tool it's alraedy spring loaded so you don't need to hold it when applying pressure to the tool.

Good Luck!! Hope I help you. ;)

Dam i had that set in my hands but was to cheap to spend the 20 bux , well im gonna have to spend it now thx !!!

i had the chrome one and was gonna drill it out , but thought it may not work and unable to return it D`OH !!!

Back