Installed CB and Roof Rack lights!!! CHECK IT OUT!! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Installed CB and Roof Rack lights!!! CHECK IT OUT!!

Ok I made a post in the lights section a while ago about a good deal I saw to get 4 100watt lights for about 50 bucks+ shipping. I did get the lights and I finally got them mounted. They look awesome!

I know in the FAQ in performance lighting it says that they will bounce. Who in the hell said that?! These things are ROCK solid!!

The way I did the install was first I didn't want them to be really far back. So I decided to flip the roof rack slider. This didn't work because there was a little tab that prevented you from mounting it backwards. So I just dremeled it off and Presto. Fits reversed perfectly!

Making the wiring look so clean on the bar is what took alot of time. I ran 1 ground and 2 power wires, one for the left ones and one for the right ones. The kits didn't come with relays but had inline fuses for 20amps. I just simply ran a 40amp relay hooked to where my stock foglights output was. AKA they are controled by my OEM foglight switch!! :) Also I have both the power wires Y'd all the way down into the engine compartment and between them and the relay I have a 30amp fuse which has held fine.

Pro's: To many. The lights work great and I can see soooo much better on the sides and where my hella's don't hit. LOOKS TUFF!!!

Con's: Remembering they are there. I can't fit in the garage anymore and I'm sure parking garages will be a problem.

However I have cured the Con's. Shortly after the wire goes into the weather stripping I have quick connects! :) I can take the rack on and off in about 1 minute!!!

Now for the pictures. I'm very proud of this and think it looks awesome.

Oh yea it drains power like a **** with all of them on. Good thing my 160amp alt will be here later today! :)

Edit: I can fit in the garage. 1" of room :burnout:

new1.jpg

new2.jpg

new3.jpg

new4.jpg

new5.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thats exactly what I did on our old Escape. Good job.

Looks real nice. Pretty good price too.
Are they just some off brand kind of lights?
They don't look bad at all.

Very nice looking install. & the lights look great. You should be able to melt the paint off the garage door.

They are Eclipse lights made by Rally. I made a post in the light section about the lights and put pictures of them on there.

Compaired to my hella's they are about 80% of the light.

But for the price of One pair of hella's I picked up these 4 and had money for towards the new alt :) I didn't want big expensive ones on the roof, they are mainly for side lighting on the trail where my hella's don't hit.

Oh and great news. Today I tried to stuff the explorer in the garage and I've got 1" of clearance!!! WOOT WOOT!

I don't usually park Eddie in the garage unless I'm taking the stang and going out of town.

hey Matt that looks freaking awesome! where did you get the lights from? Now I wanna do it, except they will go on the custom front bumper I am fabbing up.. ;) hey buddy, you need to email me your number, cuz I lost all my numbers when I formatted my computer. Do you still happen to have those stock wheels? enough of this talk.... lights look good, email me or call me or something. jr.eakle@comcast.net

791-4080 Give me a buzz. I'm installing the 160amp alt, and working on the stang tonight so I'll be in the garage till late. Call or come over if ya want. Still have the stock wheels and Need to get rid of them. Both the wife and I are sick of looking at them!

well i'll take the wheels offa your hands.. I want a normal spare and not that ugly black one.. i'll give you a call

Back