FFN's explorer version 2, 19 inches lift, fullsize axles and more | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

FFN's explorer version 2, 19 inches lift, fullsize axles and more

as yall know, im lifting my explorer again, well here are a few pics of it still on the lift front axle installed and soon the rear should be in within a few days

this explorer now has a D44, soon to get the 3/4ton hubs and spindles, 12 inch superlift springs, the front crossmember from chucks trucks measures out to 7 inch lift, so thats 19 inches total, the steering is the extreme crossover steering setup from SKY Mfg.

the rear will be getting a 14bolt rear that i purchased from a friend along with the front axle thats under there

the tires that are on there are the bald F'd up 39.5 swampers that came with the deal, but we calculated that 44s will easily clear with room to spare, based on the math that the bald 39.5 measures 36 from floor to top peak, and that a true 44 should measure out to 44, and that the radius of the 395 is 18 since it measures 36s, and the radius of a 44 would be 22, thats a 4 inch difference, and i have 9-10 inches of fender clearance, so i still have a 4-5 inch clearance at the closest point of contact

other pics are the headlight measurement, the top of the rear fender (48-49") and the front having the lift and the bald 39.5s and the rear ranger axle with the 35s on it, the rear is getting 6 inch chevy 56" lift springs and prolly a 4 inch block

once it gets back to me i gotta do the driveshafts, convert the brakelines from metric to chevy 3/16's put on the crossover knuckle and steering arms, and then do shock placement

tireandsuspension.jpg

oldrear.jpg

old395.jpg

headlight.jpg

fullview.jpg

comparison.jpg

bumperclearance.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

looks freaking sweet man.... i can't wait to see it in person. todd.

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

That thing is HUGE! OMG! Thats freaken awesome! I love it, i have never seen an explorer that high!

hey it least it doesnt have a 2 foot bodylift on it out of square tubing like that one explroer on here from a "secret" shop......

jimabena74 said:
hey it least it doesnt have a 2 foot bodylift on it out of square tubing like that one explroer on here from a "secret" shop......

that X had that since its frame was perfectly flat, and whats it matter if it had that, it as a mud truck....

/back on topic

sorry

Pointing out to someone who is building a truck that they have poorly engineered their modifications is not trash talking. It is offering free advice. If it a street vehicle is not safe, then it should not be on the public road. Thats not trash talking that the law and common sense.

Christ Almighty!

awesome

you don't eat fast food do you, i'm wondering if if would fit through a mcd's drive through? Your truck is retarded big-in a good way...

that thing is MAD!

if i saw that on the road i'd **** in my pants with a Grin on my face. :D

looks sweet!

jimabena74 said:

that was built strictly for the mud pit and tug o war, never ever ever to be driven on the road

as far as my explorer being the biggest, as far as street legal and all, im prolly the biggest or at the same size as the other 4 dr explorer that is running around town, i gotta get next to him to see whos bigger

as far as mud trucks, im the small explorer in the group in FL

once i get new tires on the truck, it should sit about 3 inches higher

TheFox88 said:
Christ Almighty!

did someone call me lol....

loks awesome.. i love trucks as tall as possible as long as the wheels fit the truck,....

those axles look huge?????????????? the inside of the tires are just about as wide as the whole truck...need some serious fender flares for that one...

good job!!!

this is my only real competition around town
100_0954.JPG

and this is one of the B2's thats a mudpit toy, not street driven
100_0962.JPG

Any specs on that red X? Looks pretty nice. :cool:

ive seen him twice around town, but hes gone usually by the time i turn around, i know its up there cause when i worked at the local advance auto parts, he came in one day to get some parts, ill prolly meet him next monsters ball/ monster truck show, where if your truck is selected, you get to drive it in the monster truck show

Heres more of the red one pics suck cause i took them with cell phone, this was at the last trucks gone wild at lakeland... I talked to the guy, he seemed cool..

May01_018.jpg

May01_016.jpg

May01_015.jpg

That red ex is *****in. Totally clean and full of mud. Looks like he has blocks in the rear and a traction ladder bar to compensate . Wonder how that works.

Your truck looks great. Im doing the same thing to mine to fit 44s. It wont be quite as tall. Have 60s fr and rear. Mocking suspension right now but I cant install it till I get the 302 in it. Ive pulled the engine and tranny already but cant seem to find a 302 anywhere that doesnt need to be rebuilt. I will be posting building pics soon. If you could send me close up pics of the front suspension it would be great. I am deciding on how far to move the fr axle forward and could use an idea of what you did. Anyway, dont listen to the naysayers on here. They are jealous and would love to have your truck.

cool to see you doing work on the X not cool to see your not using the right parts. a dana44 on 44's? you have got to be kiding me. i wouldnt run 44's on a stock d60 let alone a 44.

Back