Offroad tire sizing with TT and Shackles? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Offroad tire sizing with TT and Shackles?

I've got a 99 XLT 4dr 4wd and I plan on doing the TT and Shackles, I need to know what tire size to get that will be the best for the lift, stock wheels but also not cost me a million dollars. I was either going to go with BFG A/T's or Pro Comp AT's... probobly the BFG A/T though. I have stock BFG Long Trails on there right now, 235/75/15... what tire spec should I give to get pricing. I'd like to stay under $600.00 total installed. Oh yeah, I have a state inspection due in about a month so keep that in mind. Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My truck in the beginning, 31's TT/Shaq. About 17mpg on the highway with 3.73's

12287Scan0009.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

20+ MPG! HAH I only get 16-17 mpg stock with 4.0 SOHC.

I've always had good mileage with my OHV believe it or not, I don't need to impress anyone. Sorry your SOHC does not meet your expectations, every vehicle and driver is different. Maybe you need a tuneup?

RickE46M3 said:
20+ MPG! HAH I only get 16-17 mpg stock with 4.0 SOHC.

ya, i was getiing that with mine two, then i changed the air filter. My best was a little over 21 mpg. Then i got 32's now i get about 18-19. But my 32's a really heavy tires. It all depends on what you're gunna be using your ex for.

what more do I need to do if I go with 33s, I have the TT/Shackles right now.

Tim

Back