What Year Expos Should Be Considered Real Expos? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What Year Expos Should Be Considered Real Expos?

What's a real Explorer?

• Total voters

ExporeRanger

Reaction score
City, State
Highland, Md
Year, Model & Trim Level
92 XLT
DO YOU say..91-94?.....orrrrr 06?...or anythign in between..wut do you guys think..
................let em hav it....all in good fun and conversation tho..

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

To my knowledge there weren't any that were cheap knock offs. So they're all Explorers.

I would say an Ex the way it SHOULD be would have a solid rear end no Independant suspension. With those Ex's you cant do half of what you can with a stock 91-01 X. 91-01 were more capable off road and in the snow, thats just my 2 cents.

They're all expo's, but i wouln't say they are all trucks. 91-01 are turcks, 01+ are 4wd vans. imo.

I'd say 91-94. Since in 95 they changed the suspension to make the ride nicer. They added plush features, & changed the dash to be more appealing.
Of course this is just stock. Modded ones don't count.

added a poll since this is a "poll" section

-Drew

i voted gen 2 cause tahts waht i have, but gen 1 and 2 are real trucks i belive. all tho the gen2 has the torsion bar set up, id rather have the TTB from gen1 and have the coil springs. but straight rear axle is a must for a truck, imo

This thread should be stickied.

there is no ' all of the above '

they are all nice vehicles, and each have their own strengths and weaknesses.

people cry all day long about the new ifs and irs, but ford isnt going to change their bestseller for the 1% of the market that wants to take it offroad.
if they hadnt evolved to the ifs in 95, the explorer might not even exist anymore due to lack of interest and sales.
the irs is an issue of ride quality and better handling. ford had to address the rollover issue, and irs simply handles better.

91-94 the real explorers....

second gens kinda, but thats when they became more carlike....

All of em are real Xs... unless someone is driving a neon colered x sold by funskool of india.... wich i dont think they are...

Real "trucks" however is a different question...

I love both my 05 and my 91/94 (its starting to be neither year) but for different reasons.

i got a feeling this poll is going to be biased depending on version of the X people have...

None of them are real Explorer's, real Explorers were Luis and Clarke.

This poll is retarded.
Guess what the trend in off road racing is next? IRS......
the TTB was this big underdog too when it came out, I was told you cant modify a BII, you can't lift a beamed setup, etc.....Dont believe the hype.
Sure they are more like vans now, but people have always modified what teh manufacturers have sold, IRS is not going to stop that, it will just force more out of the box thinking...but with the internet and the tools and know how available these days the modifications being made in garages have advanced 10 fold in the last 5-8 years, I expect that to continue.
The reason you see so many modified first gen's is their age, the second gen is being modified now, and thats not gonna stop with Gen III.

Besides the BII was the father of them all, it should be crowed the most bestest Explorer....hahahaha not

real explorer is the 2002 or newer, they are the explorers that are truely made for what explorer do best, soccer moms! lol

the rear explorer is the 91-94, best offroadin design, tough look

yeah they are all named explorer's so they are all explorers, but my favorites are the 91-01 casue you have to have a solid rear

jimbo74 said:
91-94 the real explorers....

second gens kinda, but thats when they became more carlike....

Exactly..

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Long live the first generationers. 2002 and newer are truly 4x4 minivans.

Back