• Register Today It's free!

Slope BL/ SOA questions???

Mcane6

Reaction score
City, State
Carrollton, GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'96 sport 4x4
Hey i have a '96 sport 4x4 with a 3" BL and 32". Now im ready to go bigger to some 35". Ive seen a few X's with BL/tt and shackles running 35" but they were 4dr. Can i fit 35" under mine with just this setup on my sport? Or should i go for the SOA and slope my BL so the front will match? Now i did some searchin and found that some said the slope BL was not safe...is this true? If you have done this let me know how it turned out and get me some pics as well. I would like to see how it turned out.

My plans are too remove the mono and put in a 4dr pack this weekend. And I'm getting the tranny fix sometime this week so i figured while i had it down why not just go ahead and do the SOA while i got the rear end apart. How hard is it and what kind of time frame will i be looking at to complete this mod? What all will i need besides new spring perches and fixin the driveshaft?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

dont do that... its not safe. IF you want 35s do it right

What size wheel? A 35 on a 15x8 you probibly could fit with some trimming. I am running a 35x12.50 on a 15x10 with 3.25" backspacing with 3" body, 5"RCD and I had to trim my valance and my running board.

it also depends on the tires how much you clearance.
Not all 35's are actually 35"

I still have stock wheels but will soon be gettin 15x8 and i have BFG m/t as well and love them so ill prob be stickin with them. I believe they are actually larger than 35" which means more trimming.

I keep hearing its not safe...what makes it not safe bc i still havent came across an answer for it not being safe?

ANyone??

the bodylift? i dont know why. i guess it has something to do with putting the center of gravity of the truck up higher and is easier to turn over? but a ton of people have them so. but body lifts only clear room for bigger tires. they dont do anything in the way of making the truck better off-road

a slopped body lift is just as safe as a regular body lift, the slop cannot be dramatic but on an Explorer I could see a 3" up front and 2" towards the rear no problem

somebody on here did it with no complaints at all.

Are there any pics of it on here?

410Fortune said:
a slopped body lift is just as safe as a regular body lift, the slop cannot be dramatic but on an Explorer I could see a 3" up front and 2" towards the rear no problem

SO like 3" in front and 2" in the rear and slope in the middle? BC the diagram i saw had 3" in front and nothing in the rear?

you can likely get as dramatic as you want, if you want a 3" change from front to rear then I am sure it is possbile to mount the cab on the frame in this manner, but personally I would skip the 3" front (BL all together) and clearance the fenders to clear your tires.

AS I said before the purpose of a body lift is to clear bigger tires, customize it as you see fit to do just that. The cab and frame are designed from the factory to have the cab mounted on frame as is, some pucks are tall, some pucks are short, adding 2 or 3 " spacers will lift the body off frame, if you want to slope it I see no reason why it wouldnt work, but I personally dont see the need.
I kept the body lift on my 96 because it was in place, I dont mind driving around with 33" tires, the look, the powerband with 33's and 3.73 gears V8, so I kept it. If it was a trail rig I would keep the COG as low as I can, like my BII...

Back