mountaineer is going under the knife | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

mountaineer is going under the knife

Wow that looks really good Macknos. How does the beast ride with the lift and tires? This is just a personal oppinion but I think you need to ditch the chrome trim on the pillars. It looked fine when you had the street look going but it just looks way out of place now!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I was a little skeptical about how 35s on 20s would look at first, but that looks pretty damn good!

thanks it was a hella lotta work but its getting to be almost finished. what kind of rims do you have on your expedition? my buddy thinks they're sick

Thanks, American Racing clash series 18x9, I got them when they first came out.

Hows the ride on those tires?

Macknos, time to change your avatar!

B E A Utiful!

there isn't bad at all with the grapplers. I had it in the mud and in heavy down pours with no issues at all. I would give them five star over all. there was a good amount of cutting to fit them but you can't even tell unless I point it out
Posted via Mobile Device

Damn man.. nice work ..

you said if i came back at the end of july that i'd see a mounty on 35's and you were right..

this is making me regret getting rid of my mounty..i kinda wish I'd of added to my bl and slapped on some 35's

haha it well worth it. I got pulled over today and the cop just wanted check out the mounty. he was a explorer owner so I told him about the site. my buddy that helped me do a lot of work said it pretty bad when you are sitting at a stop light next to hooked up corvette and everyone is looking at the mountaineer.
Posted via Mobile Device

DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Looks AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!! :D I just moved and do not have the internet yet so I won't be around for a short while:( But now I have something to look forward to!!! Keep it up man, really doing a good job!

Damn macknos, the mounty sure has come a long way. It's lookin good.

So when you gonna drop in the new powerplant to finish it off? Can't wait to hear that Kenne Bell scream.

the new motor and sc will get installed probably next summer or when I get back in jan.

ill take some pics of the cuts asap but I won't be able to post them till im back in iraq
Posted via Mobile Device

I'M BACK!!! Just got the internet after moving!!! It's amazing what gets done when you don't have TV or the net to mess with:D

Are you still around or did you have to take off? Mounty's looking good so keep it up!

i got back into iraq early this morning but i'll be home in a good 5 months. as for now i'm tryingto get the exhaust done along with the front suspension finished up. then i think i'm gonna have the mounty brought up to johnny lightnings shop to have the motor and sc put in for when i get home. i just need to get heads for the motor. i'm looking into the electric lowering side steps along with a safari roof rack to hold a spare 35

well i got my set of upper arms comming. then hopefully the same day the exhaust will get done along with the engine. the kb is hopefully sold but no worries the allen will get bolted on if its still for sale when mines sold

man i want to see those cuts!

are the mountaineer fenders same (size) as the explorer? for some reason it seems every mountaineer on the road i pass sits higher than my ex.... (can this be done on ex's doing the same cutting?)

i don't see why not the fender don't really need to be cut. i took pics of what needs to be cut but one issue my camera is at home and the wire to connect it to the computer is with me. i'll make on a pic of where i cut but in the pics its before i cut it.

i'll work on that pic to night after i get off my shift. i have been pullin 14 hr shifts as a wheeled mechanic and gen. mechanic soooo i'm killing myself right now

That looks great.

Have you wired up the roof lights yet? If you haven't, I recommend running the wiring along the roof rack down to the back, and bringing it into the rear light area, then back into the truck from there; when I did mine, i had the wiring coming in through the passenger side door and it leaked everywhere. Have not had a leak yet running it all the way to the back.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i ran the wiring throught the roof rack completely then in the rear hatch to a relay and my second battery. you can't even see the wireing and we hosed therear down with not one leak. in the side rails of the roof rack you can tuck the wires in there and it still leaves enough room to slide the center roof rails around. now i wanna get a roof basket with a tire mount on it.

i thought about running it through a door but it just wasn't clean enough for me

Back