Lifted Truck Friendly Inspection Station | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Lifted Truck Friendly Inspection Station

i paid someone extra money under the table to do mine.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

thats a possibility too. i've asked a couple people if that would make a difference, but they keep telling me it isn't worth losing their license to do it. how much did it take for them to look the other way if you don't mind me asking?

20 bucks for the explorer and 20 for my audi(window tint). i think the lady thought i was hot lol

wow 20 bucks isn't bad at all. hell i was offering 100 bucks to these guys and got no where. i really hate MA

sorry i havnt checked in a while on this thread.

Umm... put your big tires back on before the inspection! lol. i wouldn't inspect that either with the pizza cutters! that looks rediculous! hell, ill give you my 32's for a few hours if ya want. that is insane. Oh, and to whoever asked what shop, it was the one directly across from the library. Don't remember the name of it, but it is the only other place that does inspections in Townsend. Right in the center. There is an Autobody shop there too. I know they do inspections cause they failed the hell out of my 85 Camry.

cant put the big tires on b/c they are wider than the flares. but you are right, the little tires are rediculous (they came off of an old mercedes lol). i'm looking for some 30 or 31x10.5s now.

success. took me a while but as of today Billy Bob is rocking a brand new sticker. The best part is the guy passed it with the boggers on. I don't know if I would call it a lifted friendly station, i had to grease the guy pretty good, but its worth it. i'm just happy to have my truck back on the road

Edit: Fred, i should have listened to you earlier. the pizza cutters were a way bigger safety issue than the flares turned out to be. i think at the time, i was concerned the the ride height would be a big no no, hence the smaller tires. live and learn

lol thanks john
wait till you see the redneck flares my buddy made out of trash barrel to cover those meats. posting pics tonight

lol thanks john
wait till you see the redneck flares my buddy made out of trash barrel to cover those meats. posting pics tonight

That I can't wait to see... redneck engineering at its finest.. :D

success. took me a while but as of today Billy Bob is rocking a brand new sticker.

I didn't know other places still had stickers. Down here in NC we did away with the sticker. Everything is through your registration now.

One set of custom flares made out of an industrial Roughneck lol

They're coming off ASAP in favor of some 1/4 inch sheet rubber, but wow do they look funny

Attachments

• 0407091244.jpg
    0407091244.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 1,141
  • 0407091244a.jpg
    0407091244a.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 1,225

One set of custom flares made out of an industrial Roughneck lol

They're coming off ASAP in favor of some 1/4 inch sheet rubber, but wow do they look funny

Those aren't fender flairs their fender SKIRTS :afro:

Are those Pacer flares already on your truck? I think I can get away with Just using those on my X..

honestly, i have no idea what type of flares those are, they were on the truck when i bought it. They give about 4 inches of coverage from the wheel well, and they covered the 33x12.5s just fine...not the case with the 14.5s on full widths

inspection

if anyone does know a place where they will pass you, it might not be a good idea to post it, maybe pass it on in e mail or private..dont want no one gettin in trouble

if anyone does know a place where they will pass you, it might not be a good idea to post it, maybe pass it on in e mail or private..dont want no one gettin in trouble

excellent point. when i started this thread i didn't realize just how difficult it would be to get a sticker in MA nowadays, so we sure do want to protect the places that are a bit more lenient on our trucks. specific names should be done thru PM just to be on the safe side. fyi, i found another place in brighton that will put a sticker on a truck with modified suspension for anyone looking for a place around the city.

Western Mass

I know this is an old thread, but I hope someone is still looking. I was wondering if anyone knew of a friendly inspection station in the western mass area. I live in westfield, but have no issue going into the hilltowns to get in inspected if thats what I need to do. Any help will be appreciated!! :rangertan:

If anyone wanted to know it is a 2006 Ford F150 SuperCab Flareside XLT. Starting with 456:1 gears front and rear, Detroit lockers front and rear, 2 1/2 inch Flowmaster exhaust, 6 inch Fabtech complete suspension lift, 17x10 Diamo wheels with 37x13.50 Super Swamper Boggers.

alright, i'm about to jack my own thread here, but i googled my question and came up with nothing...
i want to go doorless. what's the deal in mass about taking the doors off from a legal standpoint? i'm assuming i'll need to clamp on some mirrors, but has anyone looked into this at all? if i'm setting myself up for being hassled i might not do it (ok i'll probably still do it, haha) but i at least want to know what i'm getting myself into. anyone have any input? thanks in advance for the advice!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

alright, i'm about to jack my own thread here, but i googled my question and came up with nothing...
i want to go doorless. what's the deal in mass about taking the doors off from a legal standpoint? i'm assuming i'll need to clamp on some mirrors, but has anyone looked into this at all? if i'm setting myself up for being hassled i might not do it (ok i'll probably still do it, haha) but i at least want to know what i'm getting myself into. anyone have any input? thanks in advance for the advice!

hey what's up everyone. so i ended up doing the doorless mod. everything turned out great. i showed a buddy of mine who's a cop in cambridge and asked to him to check out the legallity of driving around without the doors. he checked with the guy who specializes in traffic and found out that it's perfectly legal, you don't even need mirrors. i just wasn't sure because no one ever does it. i just assumed it was illegal, but for anyone else thinking about doing this in MA, you're good to go. can't let those wrangler guys have all the fun!

Back