BrianDye's '95 Sport Registry! | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

BrianDye's '95 Sport Registry!

Traded my old 95 (4 Door) for a mint 2001 Taurus SES, loved the car, drove great, great on gas, but it made me realize, im an SUV dude, not a car dude. (Unless its a muscle car or something classic :p) I replied to a CL ad, about this 95 Explorer Sport, and the guy called me and told me about it. (There were no pics, nor information besides mileage, and that it needed nothing and ran great) I asked him if he wouldnt mind to email me some pictures of it before I come all that way up there (70mi) and he said he just put some on the ad, so I checked it out, and it looked like my 95's twin before I painted the stuff. One member on here pointed out that the last picture showed the top corners of the REAR doors, so I knew it was the wrong pictures. (I thought it was just the one, but they were all wrong)

So tonight I got there, (he brought it to his house because the dealer was already closed) and brought all the paperwork to transfer plates, and the title and whatnot, but I got there, and this thing was nothing what I expected, it was in MINT condition, chrome wheels shining like theyre brand new, paint looks no older than a year, and everything worked great, drove great, quiet exhaust, 4x4 works, all that good stuff, and only 138k miles. So we traded (signed all the papers, etc)

I cant get over how nice it is, theres nicer ones out there, but damn it wasnt what I was expecting haha.

Its got the stock JBL system, so its gonna be a PITA to put my system in!

SANY0380-1.jpg

SANY0381-1.jpg

SANY0382-1.jpg

(Snow)
SANY0385.jpg

SANY0388-1.jpg

SANY0390-1.jpg

SANY0391.jpg

SANY0392.jpg

I have NEVER in my life though seen such a DUSTY engine compartment
SANY0393.jpg

SANY0394-1.jpg

And I have never (even on newer cars) seen a functioning hood light!
SANY0399-1.jpg

AND a power antenna!!! (Dusty as hell on that side lol)
SANY0400-1.jpg

IMG_0391.jpg

IMG_0393.jpg

UPDATES:

Current Mods: (No order)

1. 3" off road lights behind the grille
2. 7 color changing LED bulbs in the reflectors on the door
3. 12" white LED strips (x4) to replace dome lighting
4. 36 LED reverse bulbs
5. 194 SMD LEDs in the gauge cluster, and temp. controls
6. Tinted taillights (Not the white part)
7. Removed roof rack (the bars, not the actual track yet)
8. Duralast Gold battery
9. Kinetik high power cell behind the backseats
10. Analog Voltimeter gauge in the center console
11. 194 SMD LEDs in the license plate lights
12. Scoche single din dash kit
13. Platimum Battery terminals
14. Removed CD changer
15. Became Elite!!!
16. Installed PAC Amp gain controller (Remote bass knob, uses RCA's) in the dash kit slot
17. Removed all dome light bulbs, still trying to figure something out for them...
18. Ran my own speaker wire until my wiring harness comes in the mail
19. Sanded & painted front wiper arms
20. Put SoundBox in the center console, mounted PS speaker behind grill (See page 4 video)
21. Added a Scosche In-line Noise Supressor (#ES034) Which eliminates bumps, and whining (interference) from speakers/subs etc
22. Ordered my Black Projector headlights! Hopefully ill have them by this week!

Future Mods:

1. 18/20 or 22" Rims
2. Lower 2"
3. Aftermarket CAI
4. Black 1 piece projectors w/ halos
5. 10,000k HIDs in the projectors
6. 10,000k HIDs in the fogs
7. Shave roof rack
8. Limo tint
9. Rear hatch update (98' Style hatch/tails)
10. Black altezza tails
11. LED taillights, and ALL blinkers/running lights
12. 16" flipdown monitor, or 2 10" flipdowns
13. Rust restoration
14. Heated mirrors w/ puddle lights (LED of course:D)
15. Paint the wiper valance
16. Newer style front bumper with cirlce fogs
17. Rollpan in back
18. Color changing underbody LED kit
19. HID Reverse lights!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Im not really for "performance" when it comes to reverse lights haha, theyre just "blue" bulbs that put out a very WHITE light, instead of the yellowish tint like all other clear bulbs, but maybe a HINT of blue. Lighting plans:

Headlights: 10,000k HIDs
Blinkers: Amber LEDs
Reverse/License plate: White LEDs
Interior overhead: White LEDs, with a couple white LED strips (12" strips)
Gauges/Temp controls: White LEDs, MAYBE blue if I can get the green tint off the backing

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Wow, I went out this morning to work on it some more, got my speakers, crossovers, and tweeters in the front doors, I got my 7 color changing LEDs in the front doors, and just out of boredom, I popped the back panel off where the rear washer fluid tank is, and EVERYTHING was in there, EVEN the cargo net! The spare's even still with it, its a different rim though, probably the ones that came stock on it, the ugliest ranger/explorer rims in my opinion

SANY0401-1.jpg

SANY0402-1.jpg

SANY0403.jpg

I had this little fan sitting on my workbench, and it was from a power inverter, and I knew it was for 12v, so I got an idea, to mount it behind that little dash vent thing thats to the right of the radio bezel, so it can get some airflow back there.

SANY0406.jpg

SANY0407.jpg

SANY0408.jpg

(Havent done it yet, I was just holding it to see what it would look like and to get mounting ideas lol

I also finished my tails, looks like my old 95 :p haha (I did them the same on that one)
SANY0410-1.jpg

Went to get that Kenwood headunit today, and got it home and plugged it in, so far its not as cool as i expected it to be, but I do like it.

I was gonna buy a double din dash kit but I have no clue what the point would be, all I had todo was shave about an INCH off the current hole, WITH CHANNEL LOCKS! Haha, I didnt have any blades for my jigsaw so I was forced to use my channel locks, and they actually worked!!

SANY0422.jpg

SANY0423.jpg

SANY0424.jpg

SANY0431.jpg

Final product: (Gotta order a trim ring and remote for it)
SANY0432.jpg

SANY0435.jpg

SANY0440.jpg

Then I got my amp wire ran, not hooked up yet, still figuring out where to mount my battery in the back, theres not as much room as my 4 door haha.
SANY0439.jpg

Cant even see the hole or wire :D
SANY0438.jpg

SANY0437.jpg

I was at work today (sitting in my ex. on my break) and I was playing with the headunit (note: its only got power hooked up, nothing else, for the next day or so)

And I was just kinda realizing I dont care for it too too much, but it has great video quality, so I thought that maybe I could mount it in the little thing above the cupholders, thats got the 2 large openings for like cell phones/etc, I could mount the kenwood in there, then I could put my sony back up in the radio spot, or get a decent flipout, and wire them together, so if I play a DVD or somethin, it plays on both screens, but like have the top headunit be the MAIN one for sound, hooked to the speakers and amp and whatnot...

EDIT:
Nevermind, I just went out and tried some measurements, theres not enough room :(

Jason, Hey I'm new to the forum. Nice Job on those pillars. My 96 has the same problem.
Was that flat or satin paint black. Do you remember where to purchase it. Thank's alot!

Cheer's, Rick

I bet theyd have it at Autozone, but since you have to be 18 now to buy spraypaint, (not at meijers lol) im gonna try meijers

I bet theyd have it at Autozone, but since you have to be 18 now to buy spraypaint, (not at meijers lol) im gonna try meijers

How old are ya?

17, turn 18 in May :D haha

Ok...lol

What is the bolt pattern for my explorer?
Im looking into trading my headunit for a nice pair, I found some 20's even 22's haha thats too big though.

Would these fit? I recall seeing a few on here with these rims
http://detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/pts/1519037063.html

5 on 4.5

congrads brian looks good so far

thanks for going elite, mirge. The forum appreciates your support. Bandwith is expensive, especially for picture-laden threads.

x2...........

So anyways, back on track, this kid had these 18" Driv rims on his 97 Explorer, and he lives about an hour north of me, and wants to trade me the rims, which he so far says are in perfect condition, a little dirty in the pics, but no bends or rash or anything, and they're wrapped in (70-80% tread left) Goodyear Eagle 235/50/18's. Id like to get 20's but hey for a straight up trade on a headunit I dont like, for rims I fell in love with, heck yeah :D

Not a bad looking rim huh?
3mb3p83l75O45U55Sb9co27f55cd052a911.jpg

Jason, Hey I'm new to the forum. Nice Job on those pillars. My 96 has the same problem.
Was that flat or satin paint black. Do you remember where to purchase it. Thank's alot!

Cheer's, Rick

Hey Rick,

Sorry for the delay, just saw this your post now. I'm not sure if it's flat black - I dont think so, but I don't have the can with me. If you shoot me a PM after January 4th, I'll be back at my apartment and can try to take a look at the left over can I have and let you know.

Jason,
No problem. Take your time , that's fine. I'm really in no hurry. When I do mine I want it to look right. You did a nice job from what I can see.
Just scuf'em with some 600 grit and shoot'em I presume?

Hope you and your's had a merry x-mas and have a safe new year.

I'll look forward to hearing back from you after the new year.

Rick

I dont think that paint was flat black, If theres a choice, ill probably get a semi gloss, but Paraphoe, did you use any clearcoat or anything after? Or any prep work besides sanding/taping off?

Back