Uwharrie National Park - July 3rd, 4th, & 5th - | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Uwharrie National Park - July 3rd, 4th, & 5th -

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im already ready to leave.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Where would you say 31s and an aussie locked 8.8 put me at in terms of trail difficulty?

Off-road driving is 80% driver and only 20% vehicle. Aside from the really extreme stuff, it's more a matter of what you feel comfortable driving.

Where would you say 31s and an aussie locked 8.8 put me at in terms of trail difficulty?

Dry you can run every trail... wet is a whole different story :)

Dry you can run every trail... wet is a whole different story
what if the 31s are TSLs :cool:

what if the 31s are TSLs :cool:

Last fall I ran most of the park in 2 or 3 wheel drive (one hub unlocked so I could turn) in my Sammy with bald 33s when it was bone dry. Wet I can think of 3-4 places that will be a challenge now on 35s and fully locked up...

The place is a whole different ball game when wet. I will be taking my Explorer for the first time sometime in April whenever they open back up. Ill get some pics for everyone so that can have something to look forward too.

also keep in mind there are plenty of bypasses, so you dont have to do the extreme stuff. that being said, daniel does not have a bypass for the ledges, only when you get to the upper part of it. i did it open-open on 33's. i should have 35s by the time july rolls around.

I'll be going the first weekend in June for Zuwharrie so all the trails will be fresh on my mind... :)

Two other clubs I'm in are going in May, but I can't handle 4 times in 3 months.

Man I want to get out there very soon.

i guess im out now. i hate im going to miss it.

Oh man that stinks. Sorry were going to miss you

yeah the ex is gone. i dont think the 2wd b3000 will do anything out there.

I just got back from the opening weekend there. It was crowded, especially at kodak rock and Daniel trails. I only got to run one trail and then my rear super88 shaft popped on basically nothing. It definately ended my day, but I went riding with my buddies, it's a good time and the rangers were definately out in full force.

Any good pictures from the weekend? If so please share

I just got back from the opening weekend there. It was crowded, especially at kodak rock and Daniel trails. I only got to run one trail and then my rear super88 shaft popped on basically nothing. It definately ended my day, but I went riding with my buddies, it's a good time and the rangers were definitely out in full force.
that's why Kodak is called the "theater" everybody and their brother stops there to watch. last time i went up it i heard a guy say "is that an explorer, i wouldn't even drive one to the grocery store" then drove right up Budweiser no problem lol

I just got back from the opening weekend there. It was crowded, especially at kodak rock and Daniel trails. I only got to run one trail and then my rear super88 shaft popped on basically nothing. It definately ended my day, but I went riding with my buddies, it's a good time and the rangers were definately out in full force.

Passed your campsite where the x was parked. That thing looks awesome!

Here's some I got.

Headed up to Uwharrie today for a little day run. Truck did great all day and conquered some awesome hill climbs!

Got every trail in except for Daniel. But we were playing catch up with some friends on 4 wheelers all day so we didn't get many good pics.

P4020554.jpg

P4020556.jpg

P4020557.jpg

P4030558.jpg

P4030560.jpg

P4030562.jpg

P4030564.jpg

P4030569.jpg

Almost rolled it.
P4030572.jpg

P4030579.jpg

P4030581.jpg

P4030586.jpg

P4030588.jpg

P4030593.jpg

P4030594.jpg

P4030595.jpg

P4030596.jpg

th_jeepmud1.jpg

These Range Rovers are pretty badass.
th_roverbadass.jpg

th_roverblowout.jpg

I remember seeing that ranger. My explorer you saw was broken when you saw it at the campsite, hah. I was riding with a lifted grand cherokee and a silver rubicon tj with a blue quad in front. They hit most all of the trails and went DOWN daniel.

I remember seeing that ranger. My explorer you saw was broken when you saw it at the campsite, hah. I was riding with a lifted grand cherokee and a silver rubicon tj with a blue quad in front. They hit most all of the trails and went DOWN daniel.

Why (or how?) did you go down Daniel? Must have been a traffic jam...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

There were a few vehicles going down, it wasn't that jammed up at all, not many people were going up, they were just hanging out up there way up top.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back