Uwharrie National Park 2010 Discussion Thread | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Uwharrie National Park 2010 Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
When we get the date situated I can put this one a few Ranger websites and try to get some Rangers to come also if that fine with everybody or do yall just want it a Explorer Forum deal?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It is great to invite all that can come to join in. I would like to know how many because i will try to get some gifts ready.

i wont be able to make a july run that sucks. but i am down for an august one if anyone else is

I would like to go, but already have a bunch of family stuff planned on the fourth. I may still be down, just waiting to see what date gets set.

I'm in for whatever date in July. I'm looking to find a camper I can tow behind the truck to park at the campsite...it's about the only way I can convince the wife to come with our 1 year old... :rolleyes: Maybe I'll just put her up in a hotel, or just leave her at home :eek:

I'm in for whatever date in July. I'm looking to find a camper I can tow behind the truck to park at the campsite...it's about the only way I can convince the wife to come with our 1 year old... :rolleyes: Maybe I'll just put her up in a hotel, or just leave her at home :eek:

It only takes about 15-20 minutes to get to the trail head from Albemarle. I've stayed at the Sleep Inn there a few times.

If everyone is ok im going to set the date for the July 4th weekend.

If there are any objections please let them out now.

If everyone is ok im going to set the date for the July 4th weekend.

If there are any objections please let them out now.

Let's lock those dates in so that we can secure some campsites, as I'm sure it's going to be quite busy that weekend with other family's and possibly groups!

I'll have to check with the wife's family to make sure, but I think I could make it the weekend of the 4th. It would be great to meet some of the forum members and check out all the X's making the jeeps look stupid on the trails!

Let's lock those dates in so that we can secure some campsites, as I'm sure it's going to be quite busy that weekend with other family's and possibly groups!

Thats why I want to get this done now. It seems everyone can make it but where will we stay if we keep waiting. Im thinking right along with you.

Well Burns, say the word and its set :). Do you want to check on group camp or just reserve individual spots at arrowhead? (arrowhead is the nicer of the campgrounds)

I'd love if some other 3rd gen's would step in here and express some interest! How much body repair am I looking at on these trails :p:

Guess it's a good thing I hold the pink slip to it, either way :) Besides, maybe some deep scratches would motivate me to paint it the tangerine color I have been looking to do on it the past year or so :thumbsup:

Ok guys there will be a thread set up here soon with more details. I will be planning twards the July 4th weekend. This is great. A good number looking to go on a great weekend.

I cant wait to see you all there.

I'd love if some other 3rd gen's would step in here and express some interest! How much body repair am I looking at on these trails :p:

Guess it's a good thing I hold the pink slip to it, either way :) Besides, maybe some deep scratches would motivate me to paint it the tangerine color I have been looking to do on it the past year or so :thumbsup:

I've been to Uwharrie probably 6 times now. First couple were with basically stock X on 32's. Wheeled all but Daniel and parts of Rocky mountain loop like that. Since then I've done everything but Kodak Rock in either the X or Sami. This time I'm going for Kodak :).

But my point is, you shouldn't have any problems with body damage. I haven't put a scratch on either at Uwharrie.

LBarr2002 would you be willing to lead some runs while we are there?

great place to go wheeling at, last trip i had was great, went in a bronco two back in november 2008 and the 4wd was out but the 2wd did great. The trails were great but the trip back to our the University of North Carolina at Charlotte me and my friend (owner and driver of the bronco) both fell asleep and flipped his bronco. Here is what we crawled out of on the side of the road.

n1052285438_195819_7311.jpg
n1052285438_195784_2589.jpg

n1052285438_195788_4124.jpg

photo.php

Here is the sign and embankment we hit

n1052285438_195820_7767.jpg

And to think we walked away with minor injuries. I myself had a slight seperation in my shoulder and brusing, Travis (my friend) only sustained a slight concusion and some small cuts in his head. Very grateful to still be here today.

Other than our mishap the trails are great and the small town of eldarado (where the trails are located) is great, i go there to lake badin atleast once a year with my family to fish and also hit the trails on our atvs.

They also at times have rock crawling events and other various events held around the trail heads.

LBarr2002 would you be willing to lead some runs while we are there?

Absolutely. I don't know all the trails or the right way to take some of them, but I can do some research. I'll definitely volunteer for the 'straight to Daniel' group :)

Ok if you find a good link to the trails send it to me or post it up. I want to lead a bigger grounp if there are enough to go. If not its all good. Wheeling is wheeling

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back