mountaineer is going under the knife | Page 10 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

mountaineer is going under the knife

I agree if I lost my 7 month old German shepherd I would have been in very bad shape right now. all I can do now if just keep my head up and I know I still have a life time to replace all that material stuff.

word to the wise if you have a detached garage go over your whole home owners insurance. my insurance won't cover the structure but will cover some of the personal property... make sure you have other structure coverage!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Holy christ...

Woah....So sorry to hear about your incident Macknos...Glad though that you and the pup made it out....

Holy crap! I'm so sorry to hear of this. I have been watching the thread and was shocked to see this. I'm glad the pup got out.

When I bumped this thread, this isn't what I had in mind for a response!!!

Sorry to hear I'm glad your pup got out! Cars can be replaced, lives can't.

Whoa--Very Sorry to hear Mack! Unbelievable-I am glad to hear your pup is okay, and quite an amazing dog to jump through a window as well. Your Mountaineer will always be the nicest/most unique I have ever seen, and we know your next vehicle will be incredible as well. Hope insurance can take care of your vehicles! I used to have a detatched garage and never heard of detatched structures before, assume sheds are the same as well. So thanks for that info too-I am sure many of us will be calling our agents Monday.

Your mounty was always one of the best ones here. I am glad to hear though that you and the shep are alright. Best luck to you mate.

I know I made out alright because no one was injured but a part of me feels like it died in the fire. It's just gonna take sometime to get everything back to normal. Insurance already picked up the 3 vehicles and they are sitting in philly right now. I'm shopping for a new diesel right now but after I get a new dodge I will be looking for a 1st or 2nd gen to build a trail rig. If anyone wants to call me I can go over the sas 3rd gen build from memory. Just pm me and I will send my number

As for the home owners that will be going to court because the houses heating unit and water heater were in the garage so the house basically caused the garage fire. I hope this loop hole will get my garage covered but anyone that reads this call your insurance and request your full insurance contract. It's about 30-35 pages but read it front to back even the small print. There should be a section ether other structure or expanded detached structures that will include sheds, garages, even decks can fall under this if your deck isn't bolted to your house. Don't get screwed like I am... make sure your covered.

I know a lot of people are full of questions about my mountaineer but I can assure you its long gone. I talked to a guy on here from Florida and walked him through step by step on what needs to be done. What parts are needed and what frame mods you need to do. The rear is simple but you must have a body lift to do it... c notch the port holes. After that get on bronco grave yard and order the suspension from a 66-77 bronco. They even have all the mounts to bolt to your frame for the rear leaf suspension. This stuff isn't rocket science. If you KNOW how to weld and can use a tape measure along with other measuring tools your good to go.

The guy I walked through the build I told I was planning on getting a supply your own axles kit but you would still have to drill and weld the new cross members in to make clearance for your drive shafts.

Honestly "limited" has just about everything he needs to sas his if he used his bronco he has. Steering is all bronco stuff but the little spacers they give you in the body lift helps to mate the bronco lower steering shaft to the 3rd gen upper.

wtf, i get on after months and months, and i find this. mack your mounty was what inspired me to do all my stuff and now to find out its gone, that sucks sooooo bad. glad you and your dog are ok though.

I appreciate it bud. Hey and when ya get a chance send me some pics of your cts-v! I was looking at the new cts-v coupe and I think the mounty insurance money it going to be a nice down payment! My email is macknos94@gmail.com

v coupe:notworthy lol, i wish i could afford one of those! ill send you some pics of mine, its only the 06 version so its the first gen with the ls2 400 horses. but i love it, i actually went out and took some new pics tonight. still shocked about the whole mounty thing lol

Man I still can't believe what happened. It sucks sometimes I just look out the window of my house and start crying. All I can say is blood sweat and tears went into my 3 builds. All I can say tho is that I made a lot of good friends along the builds, make a lot of good memories and learned a lot. I'm trying to keep my head high but its tough. House with no water, only electric heat in one room, and no vehicles... its amazing how quickly you can slide from on top of the world to on your hands and knees trying to make sure your girl is warm or you can get to the store to get dog food.

The only thing keeping me back from getting a new cts-v is the too much technology in it thing. We will see what I end up finding. then again with a reflash, pulley, intake and exhaust is be kissing 675hp

Holy crap man i still can't believe that this happend mac im so sorry for your lost but thank god your ok. the thing that really boggles my mind is that i talked to you the day before this happened on the phone and i remember you told me you lost the dodge but i had no idea that you lost the mounty. You really were my inspiration for my explorer and now i am actually planning on doing sas thanks to you :). i really feel bad the day this happened though when i texted you. i think i was being rude without realizing it. i had no idea how big the fire actually was and i wanna apologize for bugging you about the explorer lift i was just getting caught up in the moment of the project i didnt think about what you were going through. but if i get this project done you will be the first with pictures and will get 100% of the credit. I really hope everything works out for you mac and really appreciate your time with me over the phone ive learned alot thanks to you and hopefully will start this project this summer, thank you Mac and best of wishes to u.

Just wanted to update this that I picked up a silver 04 mercury mountaineer that has flood damage. motor was shot Tranny and tcase had more water in them then fluid. So as she sits right now interior stripped, suspension stripped, not so power/drivetrain.... Stripped. Dana 60 and 80 are hanging up it with 38s now I just need to find a wrecked 12v or 24v to pull the engine Tranny t case out of. I'm not posting anymore till this project if done!

Good to hear from you Mack! Make sure you host any photos onto Photobucket.com so that they can't be lost;)

Looking forward to updates!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Can't wait to see!

Back