got my truck stuck bigtime NEED HELP!!!! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

got my truck stuck bigtime NEED HELP!!!!

StryctNy9e

Reaction score
City, State
Beaverton OR/ hayward CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1993 XLT Exploder
Went out wheelin today in the scapoose forest near portland Oregon and got my truck high centered bigtime. I was driving through puddles and made it through several fine and went to go through the last one which looked to be the same as the others, but nope high centered the **** out of her. Water was coming in the passenger side door and everything. Tryed everything to get her out even tryed to use another truck but couldnt get enough traction. tommaro i am going to buy some comealongs and other stuff to get her out, but as of now she sits by herself in a puddle for the rest of the night. If anybody has any ideas please let me know and if anyone lives in the portland oregon area and is willing to help I will gladly compensate for troubles. Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You most likely just need another truck with a winch, but that's probably not convenient to find. You'll need to try your best to jack it up and stick sandbags or something of the sort under the tires.

yea thanks for the advice I was trying to get a jack under her but the mud is all the way up to the I beams and damn near impossible to the jack under her. I am hoping for some luck tommarow and I will be posting pictures of my mistakes. Only if I would have checked the puddle and not have plowed right into it. Oh well lessons learned the hard way

A high lift jack can double as a comealong and might be worth a look?

Always try pulling it out the way you went into it instead of trying to pull it forward some more. The high lift jack is a life saver same as a piece of 2'x2' ply wood at lest 1" thick but with 2" even better. The ply wood can help the jack from sinking into the mud, sand or what ever. Also a good tug strap and some chain helps to as they can also be used with a high lift jack to get your self out.

Good luck and post pics got to see this one as been there my self.

take a chainsaw with ya.. if you can get'er up in the air, you can jam some small trees under her wheels. long ways is the best, but if you got enough trees, either way will work. thats one of them 'been there, done that' pieces of info

got my X halfway out broke 2 8000k comealongs, and ran out of time. I will get her the rest of the way out tommaro and I will definetly post some pics. This is what happens when you are a newbie tryin to have some fun. thanks for the imput and support guys.

Pics are a must. This must be good if you broke 2 8000k come-a-longs! If the differentials, transfercase, or transmission, or anything has been under water for this long I suggest you change all the fluids out. Could be water in there now. Good luck getting it out.

advise: lift, mud tires, winch and lockers!

take a chainsaw with ya.. if you can get'er up in the air, you can jam some small trees under her wheels. long ways is the best, but if you got enough trees, either way will work. thats one of them 'been there, done that' pieces of info

maybe it's the "tree-hugger" in me, but I used to get really pissed when I'd see what some people did to get themselves unstuck that really took a toll on the environment, and one of those was cutting down trees. Several years ago there was some dude up wheeling his hummer (which he had no business doing) but the trail was too tight, so he ended up cutting down about a dozen or so trees so he could make it through. Absolute bullshit, pardon my french. I've seen people take off some branches and things and I'm ok with that, but not a big fan of making a permanent change to the landscape rather than pay up for what you did... honestly, I'd either find a friend with a tractor, or call out a tow truck... offer to do the muddy stuff yourself, pay what he charges and learn your lesson to not do it again.

maybe it's the "tree-hugger" in me, but I used to get really pissed when I'd see what some people did to get themselves unstuck that really took a toll on the environment, and one of those was cutting down trees. Several years ago there was some dude up wheeling his hummer (which he had no business doing) but the trail was too tight, so he ended up cutting down about a dozen or so trees so he could make it through. Absolute bullshit, pardon my french. I've seen people take off some branches and things and I'm ok with that, but not a big fan of making a permanent change to the landscape rather than pay up for what you did... honestly, I'd either find a friend with a tractor, or call out a tow truck... offer to do the muddy stuff yourself, pay what he charges and learn your lesson to not do it again.

:scratch: :crazy: Trees grow back. Ya gota do what ya gotta do.

"This your bush....you have a special bond with this bush, "you king of forest" you ####in tree huger" - Harold and Kumar go to W/C :bsnicker:

Where did you get stuck? Dixie mountain area? I'm up in Ocean Park or i'd be there to help you out no prob.

This would earn you some lead in my part of the world... just FYI... ;)

This is also a great way to get a lot of people against your sport. All it takes is one person to tell the forrest service that they saw a guy with a truck cutting down trees to get unstuck. Trails Closed / Motorized Recreation Prohibited.

:scratch: :crazy: Trees grow back. Ya gota do what ya gotta do.

It is thoughts like this that give ammunition to the groups that want to close public land to motorized recreation.

MATTADAMS!!!!!! long time no see!

sorry! had to do the shout out!

or like they say pack it in, pack it out

8000k comealongs with a pulley doubles the force.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I don't off-road at all, I have an explorer because it is just the perfect vehicle during the winter where I live. So, I ask a stupid question: You are fixing to pull 4 tons, 8 tons on this vehicle, exactly what do you tie on to, wrap chains around the frame? Just curious...

Back