Streaky Windows | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Streaky Windows

Sgt1411 - The tinted windows like nice. Can you confirm if the streaks have disappeared since you had the tint applied? I'm still curious what the root cause of the issue is, and what we can do (other than apply tint) to get rid of them.

It's still there, but much less IMO. Im not really sure if thats just because its harder to see now that the windows are darker.

I was looking closer now at the 3rd row glass and the 2nd row glass, Im wondering are they both the same % of tint from the factory or is the 2nd row door glass a little less % then the 3rd row?

Im thinking about a limo tint on the 2nd and 3rd row but concerned about seeing out during the night.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Resurrecting this thread to see how we are all doing with the streaks and if anyone has had success in curing. Numerous attempts here still there but not as bad.

I never noticed until all the OCD people on here mentioned it. It's like being a hypocondriac. I get on here and read the posts and then start looking and hearing stuff. Try not to look now. Yes there are streaks on the windows. Obviously it some kind of oil. Maybe grease of some sort. It is starting to wear off. I give it another 4 mos and it will be completely gone. Not gonna lose my mind over it. Wait, did you hear that, there's a squeak when I hit that bump. LMAOSHMSFOAIDMT.

I saw one yesterday with so many lines on the window that it looked like it was outfitted with mini-blinds...

I told them about the forum. PS- they have no wind noise, no MFT issues, and no rain concerns- because I asked. :D

Mine was built on 4/16 - I haven't noticed any black streaks....

Resurrecting this thread to see how we are all doing with the streaks and if anyone has had success in curing. Numerous attempts here still there but not as bad.

Still no cure...I just make sure not to stop my window and it's fine...so its gotta stay up or go all the way down....for now.

What about the newer ones? I normally don't care but I plan on tinting the front windows so it would be good to be able to keep the glass clean before the install.

I've had mine for a little over a week and have not noticed any streaks at all (and I've been looking for them).

Looks like Ford read this post and stopped adding something in there fab process based on the above post. Now we have to clean up the ones that came off the line prior

Looks like Ford read this post and stopped adding something in there fab process based on the above post. Now we have to clean up the ones that came off the line prior

When I take mine in for my list of "Issues" I think I'm going to tell the dealer to not call me til its GONE...and I don't care if they have to replace the seals...FIX IT.

WOW!!! It's only a little oil. It should dissipate over time. In fact someone already stated that. I agree that it shouldn't be there.
Mine built 03/23/11. No streaks or atleast none that I notice.

I'm getting some, but it certainly is not a big deal to me.

I figure like the "new car smell" it will go away in a little while.

I never noticed until all the OCD people on here mentioned it. It's like being a hypocondriac. I get on here and read the posts and then start looking and hearing stuff. Try not to look now. Yes there are streaks on the windows. Obviously it some kind of oil. Maybe grease of some sort. It is starting to wear off. I give it another 4 mos and it will be completely gone. Not gonna lose my mind over it. Wait, did you hear that, there's a squeak when I hit that bump. LMAOSHMSFOAIDMT.

LMAO.......because thats so true.

My streaks are all but gone......definately harder to see with tinting

Streaks

Picked mine up Saturday - Streaks.

still have streaks since i got it two months ago... dealer had it tinted for me. in addition to this i have two very distinct rattles they cant solve due to not having parts, and mft is crap in my car - reboots, hangs up, wont connect or loses the phone entirely, delays indefinitely, cannot detect usb part of the time and when it does leaves errors messages that wont go away. this is all taking away from a vehicle i really initially loved.

still have streaks since i got it two months ago... dealer had it tinted for me. in addition to this i have two very distinct rattles they cant solve due to not having parts, and mft is crap in my car - reboots, hangs up, wont connect or loses the phone entirely, delays indefinitely, cannot detect usb part of the time and when it does leaves errors messages that wont go away. this is all taking away from a vehicle i really initially loved.

Sorry to hear about your problems. I did get my A pillars fixed and now they are so quiet. My MFT/Sync has been flawless since I took delivery 3/12. You can send a PM to Mike D at Ford to address your MFT/Sync issues. He rocks. All of these things that you are experiencing can be fixed. My 2011 Explorer rocks my world. Here is the link to Mike Ds page on facebook. http://www.facebook.com/#!/miked.atford

Hi guys,

I’m sorry I missed this post before when it was originally created. I wouldn’t want to see streaks on my windows either. I appreciate everyone’s recommendations so far and I would like to offer my help as well. If you would like me to assist with a concern, please send me your VIN, approximate mileage, and dealer name if you haven’t already done so.

Cory

I have over 5,000 miles on my explorer, and still have lots of streaks. I am not an OCD type person at all, but these are very noticeable.

Nov. build with STREAKS. It's my wifes ride and it is driving her nuts and then she drives me nuts about it. Ford, please help find a cure.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thank you for following up on this Cory. My wife drives it, and this is all she talks about. I will PM you my details. The big question is what the dealer can/will do to resolve the issue. I'm also curious if they have figured out the root cause and stopped it in production. The Ex is at 7,800 miles (built in Jan), so I will be heading to the dealer soon for an oil service, and this issue will be on the work order to look at. (also a MFT upgrade from v2.4) But I don't want the dealer to just start ripping off the door panels not knowing what to look for. Ford must know by now what is causing the streaks. It would be great to hear some answers. Thanks

Back