Poll: MFT Issues- Do you have an Apple product too? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Poll: MFT Issues- Do you have an Apple product too?

RandyH2

Reaction score
City, State
MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
'11 Limited AWD
Just curious, how many of us having problems with MFT (other than the slow screen, etc.) are also connecting an Apple product of some sort either via USB or Bluetooth?

Please indicate:
1) Yes/No MFT Issues
2) Type of device
3) Type(s) of connections

Me:
1) Yes, BT and intermittent other problems
2) iPhone 3G completely updated software on phone
3) BT and USB

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

1) No issues

2)iPod Touch

3) USB only

4) Limited with Nav

I'm currently a med student and former software engineer with Cisco Systems (for nearly 10 years), so tech is pretty important to me. And my wife and I are total Apple ******. So, the questions:

1) no issues other than it feels very sluggish and is the SINGLE MOST unintuitive piece of software I've ever used.

2) We're connecting 2 iPhone 4's.

3) BT

4) Limited, no nav (have it on all our Land Rovers and miss it)

1.Issues: MFT drops iPhone4 connection sometimes, GPS signal drops sometimes in open area, Sirius still drops periodically,BT streaming audio wont recognize iPhone4 even though it shows connected on phone screen.

2. iPhone4 v4.3.3

3. Bluetooth

4. Limited with Navigation

minor issues with lag and having to resync phone on occasion
iphone 4
blue tooth

A little bit of slowness. My 2008 Sync was much faster.
- iPod Nano (4th gen) on USB.
- iPhone 4 on Bluetooth.

Just curious, how many of us having problems with MFT (other than the slow screen, etc.) are also connecting an Apple product of some sort either via USB or Bluetooth?

Me:
1) Yes, no BT issues (but I only connect music via USB - it doesn't work via BT.
2) iPhone 3GS completely updated software on phone
3) BT for phone, and USB for music

I'd suggest a question #4 - what model Explorer do you have, and do you have Factory Navigation.

4) XLT - no factory nav.

The only recent significant issue I have with the phone via BT is sluggish response. Don't even try voice dialing for a good 3 minutes after the Explorer is started.

Minor problem is that in the last week voice dialing is taking much longer than it used to, like 20 or 30 seconds some times to find a name. I'm going to try reloading the address book to MFT and see if that helps.

1. Yes, occasional BT Audio issues
2. iPhone 4
3. Only BT

Basically, the phone always connects as a phone. But probably 50% of the time the BT Audio streaming doesn't work without fussing...needing to disconnect/reconnect, turning BT off and on, that sort of thing. I can always get it working but it can be frustrating, especially because the same solution doesn't work every time. And odd to because like I said, the phone is connected (and works) as a phone over BT the whole time. It's just the audio streaming that seems to disappear.

1) None for my 2nd Gen iTouch
2) 2nd Gen iTouch with the old 3.0 software (Jailbroken)
3) USB

The only problem I'm having is playing videos but that is with RCA cables from my camera too. Other than that, no issues.

1) Only issue is sometimes the clock on MFT has incorrect time

2) iPod Classic (I think? or called Video Classic?)

3) USB

4) XLT no nav

No problems with my old LG Chocolate using BT

Hello all,

I'm new here and a new Ford Limited Explorer owner... I am using an IPOD with no issues so far via USB. I am having trouble with getting video play back while in park though... I have purchased the cable from Apple that has USB/Coaxial combination. Any help would be great. When I try to view a music video I get an information pop on the IPOD that says please connect to a video source or something of that nature...

Hope you all are having a great weekend.... Thanks again...

Welcome to the forum WillClark! Congrats on the new Limited!!

As to the above question;

1) No serious MFT Issues - Let me say though it is slow and that makes it an issue to me sometimes! I hope they speed it up and make it cleaner.

2) Type of device - Blackberry Storm2 - for the next few months anyway!

3) Type(s) of connections - BT only for now

4) Limited with Nav

1- No MFT issues
2-Droid versus
3-BT & USB for music-Ipod
4-Limited w/Nav

Back