What's your status? | Page 29 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What's your status?

Hi Cory,
I just sent a PM for information on my X. Can you please help me with the ETA for my X. The build date was 6/24/11.

Thanks in advance.
I appreciate the heads up! I confirmed that the message was received and I’ll send you your update as soon as possible.

Cory

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks for letting me know! I received your message and I’ll get to replying as soon as I can!

peanut0426, I sent you another private message about the status of your order. Please check your inbox for the details.

Cory
Cory, I received your PM...thx for checking and I'll pm you again next week or so.

Going on week 15. :(. Sales guy says he doesn't know anything and he said his rep doesn't know anything. I will be without a car as of tomorrow as my daughter is taking over my mazda. :(

Cory, I received your PM...thx for checking and I'll pm you again next week or so.
You’re welcome! I’m glad I can help!

peanut0426, I sent you another private message after researching your order further.

Cory

Almost done with week 12, and status is still "Awaiting Shipment"......such a confusing/frustrating process.

Though I'd provide a little status update, since Cory was so kind as to fill me in today (thanks again Cory!:D)

Ordered: 5/21 (2011 XLT, white plat tricoat, black interior, 202A with moonroof)
VIN: 6/8
Window Sticker: 6/14
Build Date on Sticker: 6/16
Recognized in SyncMyRide: 6/18
ETA: 6/28 (subject to change)

The 28th would be absolutely awesome, so send some good vibes my way!

For those that have posted pics recently (msr56 and BigJay1957) - Looking Good! Some NICE looking vehicles out there - Enjoy!

Hmmmm...last update said ETA today...no new info since...

SO anxious for some news! Crossing fingers...today? tomorrow? would love to pickup this week!

mml4a, I’ll do my best to keep you in the loop so the wait is a little less frustrating. Drop me a line when you’d like me to research the current status.

PorterX, I sent you a reply to your last request. Please check your inbox for the details.

Cory

Dealer called and my X is at the St. Paul rail depot & they are sending a driver to pick it up so it doesn't have to wait for a transporter. Should be in my hands Friday!:D:D

Been trying to figure out how to post pics but my 2011 300A Limited in Red Candy arrived at the dealer and picked it up Friday afternoon! Been using all the new electronics for the weekend and no problems. Everything seems to work great! If you haven't gotten yours yet, hang in there. It's totally worth the wait!

Recap:
Ordered 3/19
VIN 4/12
Built 4/30
Delivered 6/24

P.S. The color is incredible

Well, I finally got an answer today as to what supposedly is the hold up. They pulled explorers built in the last month or so for quality control issues. No one could tell us this sooner? They are supposedly suppose to start shipping next week. Mine is supposedly going to be the first one on the truck when it's released. I'm not holding my breath, that's for sure.

well, here's my update - the Ex has been sitting in a lot in Buffalo, 2.5hrs away, since last Thursday, 6/23. Now, if it doesn't come in by tomorrow, I will have to wait until at least next Wednesday because of the holiday weekend. My trade-in car's inspection is up this month, so, because my order apparently isn't a priority and I'm forced to wait into July, I will have to pay for an inspection. granted, I was told 6-10 weeks and next week would be the 6th week. I realize I should stop whining - especially considering how long some of you have had to wait. It's still really annoying to know it's been sitting on a lot 2.5hrs away for the last week and I may have to spend more money on my trade-in car because of their delays....
:mad: :fire: :banghead: :censored: :rant: :splat:

hopefully it will show up by tomorrow.

Almost here

XLt 202a Sterling Gray Metallic
Lt stone interior

Ordered 5/31
Window sticker 6/23
Build date 7/11
ETA 7/18

I guess I can wait a while longer!!
HURRRYYY UUUPPP!:(

peanut0426, quality is extremely important and I can see why waiting would be easier when kept in the loop. If I come across any updates, I’ll be sure to let you know.

muddlermike, I hate that feeling of “so close yet so far” too! Please feel free to message me when you’d like me to research for more details.

Cory

Here's my pics of my Explorer.
explorer-1

All I can say is effin' trucking company. My patience has officially worn thin...

All I can say is effin' trucking company. My patience has officially worn thin...

MuddlerMike - Hang in there! Home stretch. At least you know where it is!

Mine, all the dealer can say is "it's done in production...could be sitting there, could be on it's way...we can't tell. Probably won't know until it arrives. We'll call you when it gets here."

LOL. It's all good. It will be worth the wait.

Stop Shipment Order

Argh! Just got off the Phone with FORD. The lady said a Production SME indicated to her that FORD has put a stop-shipment on the Explorers sitting in Chicago...but did not give her a reason why (How are they a SME if they can't provide details?).

I was really hoping to get the car before a road trip at the end of the month but it's looking like I'll never get it! It's been 12 weeks since the order and about 3 weeks since it's been built and collecting dust in Chicago.

Anyone else hear this? What's the reason this time?

Hang in there Muddlermike. I had to wait 10 weeks to get mine. Not sure how long you've been waiting, but it's worth the wait. I'm still finding new things about her every day, and I picked mine up on June 20th. I really like the remote start, and the power liftgate. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

Thanks for the encouragement, everyone :) Went to get my car inspected this morning and then got the call 1 hour later that the Ex was delivered and on the way to get rust proofed. Since it's a holiday weekend, I will be picking it up Tuesday. Pictures to follow...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

ok, so an update: IT'S MINE!!!!!!!!

and, it seems this site doesn't allow pics from flickr... I'll work on the pics....

Back