Please welcome - The Ford IVT Team | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Please welcome - The Ford IVT Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is 2.11 Officially released?

I just got through making an appointment to get my first service done and the service guy gave me the impression that they had it yesterday or Tuesday. He wasn't sure if they had done a successful install yet.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If the service guy was confused if it was "yesterday or Tuesday", you could be screwed- yesterday was Tuesday. :D

OH it's official, had it done yesterday. I might be crazy but my USB music used to have that fade out in the speakers for heavy bass. Not there anymore. Weird. LOVE the new update. It ROCKS. I can't believe how fast it works now. I should have a FORD engineer come and see my Explorer. So they can see one that actually works. LMAO. There is all kinds that work. I know 3 other Ltd owners. None of them have any problems. All minor. All fixed by the dealer. No qualms. It's hilarious to come on here and hear all the people call these vehicles junk. I understand there are some issues. But this vehicle is cutting edge and Ford has done a real good job IMHO.

OH it's official, had it done yesterday. I might be crazy but my USB music used to have that fade out in the speakers for heavy bass. Not there anymore. Weird. LOVE the new update. It ROCKS. I can't believe how fast it works now. I should have a FORD engineer come and see my Explorer. So they can see one that actually works. LMAO. There is all kinds that work. I know 3 other Ltd owners. None of them have any problems. All minor. All fixed by the dealer. No qualms. It's hilarious to come on here and hear all the people call these vehicles junk. I understand there are some issues. But this vehicle is cutting edge and Ford has done a real good job IMHO.

Glad to hear it rocks and is fast! :)

Out of curiosity, what caused you to go for the moonroof? That is the one option I'm undecided on - have had one in the past, but didn't get used much.

Can you tell me the Version #? My dealer says 1.30 is the latest.....It's the one that trashed my Nav System.
SH

Can you tell me the Version #? My dealer says 1.30 is the latest.....It's the one that trashed my Nav System.
SH

Your dealer is severely lacking knowledge of the car they are servicing. The 2011 Explorer started on 2.4, and this recent release is 2.11. I'm not sure where they are coming up with 1.30?

Agreed- find a new service department...

Glad to hear it rocks and is fast! :)

Out of curiosity, what caused you to go for the moonroof? That is the one option I'm undecided on - have had one in the past, but didn't get used much.

My children were the deciding factor. They wanted it, so they got it. Case in point: we were in Nova Scotia for Canada Day fireworks. As luck has it we were able to get a spot right next to where they set off the fireworks. The were right above us. My 8 year old son got to sit on my lap and watch the fireworks from the moonroof. It was amazing.

What are the chances that Ford will reintroduce real buttons and switches on the dash to compliment the MFT functionality?

It is my sincere hope that the Ford designers listen to the reviewers and individuals that believe the lack of real buttons and switches is not a beneficial design choice.

I can't speculate on what may or may not be added in the future, but you never know, it could happen.

Well, my latest MFT experience is not promising. The system had been freezing up, blue tooth problems, lost GPS etc. Took it to the local Ford Dealer, Crandall's in Park City, Utah. The tech said my build date triggered notice of a fix. He asked for the car for 3-4 hours because he had had problems getting the update to load without crashing. Anyway, at the end of the day I picked up the car with assurances it was fully updated, Ver 1.30. Now the nav system is completely gone. The dealer has no idea how to fix it because the update installed without any errors. They are going to call a Ford "engineer." Said they'd get back to me when they learned something. Might be today, or several days. Don't think I'll sit home by the phone. :rolleyes:
SH

Please send me your VIN in a private message. I would like to see what was completed by the dealership and advise you accordingly.

Is 2.11 Officially released?

The 2.11 update hasn't been officially released. Yes, some people have been able to get it from their dealers. Please hold off going to your dealer for the update until the TSB (Technical Service Bulletin) has been released. This is to ensure that you don't get billed, on the off chance your dealer does not contact their support and obtain the proper approval and coding for the warranty work.

Rebecca

Please hold off going to your dealer for the update until the TSB (Technical Service Bulletin) has been released.

Rebecca

Good luck with that one, Rebecca... It's going to be a bum rush. :)

The one thing that the internet, with resources, doesn't breed- is patience.

Please send me your VIN in a private message. I would like to see what was completed by the dealership and advise you accordingly.

Rebecca,

I feel really silly but I can't find a way to send the private email. I do have a pdf of the paperwork they gave me if there's a way to attach it to your private email.

Thanks for your concern,
Sharin

:crazy:

Rebecca,

I feel really silly but I can't find a way to send the private email. I do have a pdf of the paperwork they gave me if there's a way to attach it to your private email.

Thanks for your concern,
Sharin

Just click on the red FordIVTteam in the last message and you'll see the option to PM

Sharin- just to clarify, Rebecca just needs your VIN, not the actual paperwork from the dealer. She can look all of that up with your VIN...

Rebecca,

Thanks for your concern,
Sharin

Sharin,

I replied to your private message a little while ago. Please let me know when you get it.

Just click on the red FordIVTteam in the last message and you'll see the option to PM

Sharin- just to clarify, Rebecca just needs your VIN, not the actual paperwork from the dealer. She can look all of that up with your VIN...

Thanks guys!

Good step forward in Customer Service

Ford has set up a new account with us to deal specifically your SYNC, MyFord Touch, and navigation questions.

Cory will still be here to help with order inquiries and other issues not related to In Vehicle Technology.

Great News!! Welcome Rebecca. :exp:

My X is older and doesn't include any of the technologies noted, but nonetheless I see this as a good step forward to have a major company like FoMoCo work directly with end users.

I know Ford owns a lot more than Ford, Mercury and Lincoln, but the options are out there for us if we didn't like the service. This shows a step forward in customer service and to me, a reason Ford didn't go under the way GM did.

Thanks. I only wish this type of service had been around when I had a bunch of issues with my '87 LX 5.0.

Great News!! Welcome Rebecca. :exp:

My X is older and doesn't include any of the technologies noted, but nonetheless I see this as a good step forward to have a major company like FoMoCo work directly with end users.

I know Ford owns a lot more than Ford, Mercury and Lincoln, but the options are out there for us if we didn't like the service. This shows a step forward in customer service and to me, a reason Ford didn't go under the way GM did.

Thanks. I only wish this type of service had been around when I had a bunch of issues with my '87 LX 5.0.

Thanks, mcsteven! I'm very happy to be here helping as much as I can! :)

Rebecca

Rebecca,
It looks like the issues have started. I picked up my Explorer on Saturday. My salesperson helped me hook up my phone (Blackberry) & it seemed to work fine. Later in the day, I started the vehicle & got a message "phone connecting" but it never connected.

I started over, got it set up, & it worked fine all day Sunday. Yesterday morning it stopped connecting again "Sync failed". While attempting to find the issue/re-connect, the screen locked up. Can't unlock it!

How do I unlock the screen & get the phone working again?

Dave

MFT Release Notes and Known Issues

Rebecca:

On one of the other message topics someone noted that:

<i>"From the 2.11 release note:<b>Implemented corrective action to recover automatically from remaining known “black screen” root causes using a module reset time</b>"</i>

1) Are the release notes posted somewhere? It would be helpful to understand where we are at; and

2) with respect to the "remaining known black screen" can you let us know what the root cause is, particularly if it is certain phones/ipods, or the use of certain features?

While 2.11 isn't perfect, information like this would probably eliminate a lot of pain for users. Allowing customers to mitigate some of their issues (if possible), would be a big step forward.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Rebecca,
It looks like the issues have started. I picked up my Explorer on Saturday. My salesperson helped me hook up my phone (Blackberry) & it seemed to work fine. Later in the day, I started the vehicle & got a message "phone connecting" but it never connected.

I started over, got it set up, & it worked fine all day Sunday. Yesterday morning it stopped connecting again "Sync failed". While attempting to find the issue/re-connect, the screen locked up. Can't unlock it!

How do I unlock the screen & get the phone working again?

Dave

Is your screen still locked up? If it is not, follow this below link for the instructions on how to do a Master Reset and Reverse Pairing of your phone. Please try that and PM with your phone make/model/carrier if you still can not get your phone to stay connected.

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=323243

Rebecca:

On one of the other message topics someone noted that:

<i>"From the 2.11 release note:<b>Implemented corrective action to recover automatically from remaining known “black screen” root causes using a module reset time</b>"</i>

1) Are the release notes posted somewhere? It would be helpful to understand where we are at; and

2) with respect to the "remaining known black screen" can you let us know what the root cause is, particularly if it is certain phones/ipods, or the use of certain features?

While 2.11 isn't perfect, information like this would probably eliminate a lot of pain for users. Allowing customers to mitigate some of their issues (if possible), would be a big step forward.

We have not posted any release notes at this time. I will see what I can do about getting you answers to your questions.

Rebecca

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back