What's your favorite voice command? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What's your favorite voice command?

Car 54

Reaction score
City, State
Lutz, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Explorer
I am having a great time learning all the things I can say to my Explorer. Does anyone have a complete list of commands?

My favorite thing to say is "set speed 75 mph". Haha. Seriously, I like to say show weather map and destination POI.

Whatchu got?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The command i use most of the time when trying to use MFT is "CANCEL" !!!
This is because most of the time it does not respond correctly to most commands especially in the navigation mode and audio mode.

The command i use most of the time when trying to use MFT is "CANCEL" !!!
This is because most of the time it does not respond correctly to most commands especially in the navigation mode and audio mode.

EXACTLY what I was going to say... "Cancel" in a frustrated voice.

You can set the cruise control with sync?

I'm pretty certain my favorite command isn't on the list. I'm alos pretty certain that the command would be censored on this list. ;)

Seriously though, I was thinking about the commands today when I wanted to adjust the temperature setting- I hate voice commands. A neat feature to impress folks who have never used it. An annoying feature to use with folks in the car who would rather carry on a coversation than be interrupted when I want to change the air temperature.

Is there an "engage sport mode" command?

Ride height drops 2in, suspension stiffens, a shifter pops out of the floor, a turbo magically appears in the engine bay, a full racing harness wraps around you automatically, etc.

I don't have a favorite, but my daughter (age 13) & her friends like to hear their horoscopes. :rolleyes:

I don't have a favorite, but my daughter (age 13) & her friends like to hear their horoscopes. :rolleyes:

Really? I'll have to try that.

I like the I'm hungry one.

What else!!

EXACTLY what I was going to say... "Cancel" in a frustrated voice.

You can set the cruise control with sync?

Me too. "Cancel" is a command I use the most. "Weather Map" is pretty cool though.

My favorite isn't recognized by Sync...when I tell it to ###### off!!

One of the most frequently used one's for us is the 'Play song ------', with the song name from the title in the USB stick. Most of the time this is used for my 3 year old nursery rhymes, so we both keep repeating 'Play song little bunny foo foo' over and over.

Have you guys turned interaction mode to "advanced"? It helps avoid the frustration, and the display shows you what you can say. I do better reading and learning than I do listening and learning. It helps.

My kids always ask it "What color are my underpants?" They're boys of course.

"I'm Hungry", "Movie Listings" and Sync Services, "Find a business" and Stock Quotes.

Good explanation between advance and novice voice commands.

Threads like this open the box for all kinds of smart a** comments. Ford actually posted on FB "What did you do in your Explorer today"? Many people posted that they, umm, "christened" their trucks. I love it!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back