A faster, simpler, better myford touch is here - MFT Update | Page 22 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

A faster, simpler, better myford touch is here - MFT Update

Use your phone as a WiFi hotspot and stream Pandora from the vehicle. That's what I would use it for...

I did think about that, and it would be great if they would download updates this way, cuz the other way is a pain, downloading off the internet then blah blah

I dont want to have to do all that...spoiled

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My receipt says "Installed CT4T19H449AB" : Memory Card, Performed Recall 11A02 Reprogrammed APIM, Installed New Nav Map SC Card, Inserted new nav map card in glovebox (what is this?)

So by the way I got my internet to connect to my home wireless, now what? How do you get on to a search engine? etc? typing pad?
My memory card was CT4Z*19H449*AA. Recall 11A02D.
I also had the last statement about the glovebox.
I think that is a standard computer generated line item on the invoice for this program. Dealer said I would get a followup in the mail from Ford which is in part the licensing agreement, I believe for the navigation.
Unfortuantely I am not able to update my Sync account using their USB update reporting and we do not have the Vehicle Health Report system here. I repported it to the IVT team via phone last night but as of this morning the update does not show on my account.

Peter

I emailed Ford to ask about a warranty extension on the electronics. No reply! With this being such crap they should cover electronics for the life of the car. I'm now looking at trading my 2011 in for an Audi Q7. My wife is killing me daily that her car never works and my Audi works great. This Explorer has been in the shop more times than any car I have ever owned. I want to like the SUV, love my Mustang, but cant be this inconvenienced.

I emailed Ford to ask about a warranty extension on the electronics. No reply! With this being such crap they should cover electronics for the life of the car. I'm now looking at trading my 2011 in for an Audi Q7. My wife is killing me daily that her car never works and my Audi works great. This Explorer has been in the shop more times than any car I have ever owned. I want to like the SUV, love my Mustang, but cant be this inconvenienced.

I guess it is that old "luck of the draw" deal. I've had mine since June and the only time that I went to the shop was to have the oil changed. Go figure.

My mysync went out completely the first weekend i owned the car, while i was leaving town for the July 4th weekend, so i was hopping mad...

since then it has been on and off performance wise...I want to want to buy American cars, I also want them built IN AMERICA with UNION wages and benefits!

I emailed Ford to ask about a warranty extension on the electronics. No reply!
With the MFT performance update there is a warranty extension on the product. I believe it is an additional year. Hopefully this will be explained in the mailing we will receive.

Peter

My mysync went out completely the first weekend i owned the car, while i was leaving town for the July 4th weekend, so i was hopping mad...

since then it has been on and off performance wise...I want to want to buy American cars, I also want them built IN AMERICA with UNION wages and benefits!

Off topic but, are you serious? :eek: union wages and benefits just "MIGHT" be the reason a lot of jobs in North America have been lost to other counties. :mad: just saying ...

I don't want to sound anti union, but we have to ajust to being more competitive so jobs can return to the great usa !!! When you see what is made here its a joke like cloth pins, bobby pins, nails, does type of things come on this is america but we have to give to get them back from china mexico japan indoniesa etc... Just talking out load !!!

Off topic but, are you serious? :eek: union wages and benefits just "MIGHT" be the reason a lot of jobs in North America have been lost to other counties. :mad: just saying ...

wow, ok, so pay people less is the answer (a race to the bottom is what we call that)....it would take me too long to explain why you have it backwards, start with changing the trade laws to prevent cheap imports of everything...

then, we can all make a living wage making and buying what we manufacture right here

Just a kind reminder... this a automotive forum, not a political forum :)

MFT has been a disaster for Ford. They need to take a step back and evaluate the situ again. If they want to keep this program they need to get a better OS. Simple. Get something that is proven and works. This is simply not satisfactory and is hurting them in the market. They make good vehicles for the most part. They need to overhaul the engineers they have working for them. Fire the whole lot of them. This is ridiculous. If it were any business I was running they would be gone. You get 2 cracks max. Then it's grab your lunch box boys. You're goin home. LOL. Mines still working great by the way. One small glitch in over 2 weeks. I'm happy with it. But what I've seen on here and other Ford forums. They still have alot of tweeking to do.

You cannot make us believe that you have had no trouble with MFT.

BTW is the dealer giving you free oil changes? Perhaps they are doing the update without you even knowing about it?

I guess it is that old "luck of the draw" deal. I've had mine since June and the only time that I went to the shop was to have the oil changed. Go figure.

BTW is the dealer giving you free oil changes? Perhaps they are doing the update without you even knowing about it?

No free oil change and I did the update myself.

My MFT on 2.8 was borderline flawless. The only problems I really had were the initial pairing of my phone. After that it just ran. I'm actually tempted to see if I could go back to 2.8 since I really don't see a significant speed increase in my Explorer, just a decrease in functionality.

In 6 months of ownership I had almost zero problems with my MFT, and I drive more miles in 6 months than many people do in 1-2 years. I had the black screen of death once, I only had to restart the vehicle to get it to come back. Other than that the system worked pretty much as intended and no real complaints on my end. I actual thought the new upgrade wasn't much of an upgrade for me as I wasn't having issues with the previous system. It does work quicker and I do like the upgrade but I had no issues to resolve. I purchased my 2012 truck in October 2011.

I have the new system, a few days now, and I have had my first hiccup, very minor, but I got in and started car today and it said the SD nav card was bad or not in when it was, so i took it out and put it back in and it worked again, this use to happen ALL the time with the old system.

There are lots of people who don't have problems with the vehicle. You see alot of them here because this is where people come to find answers to their problems. I really haven't had any issues with my Explorer. To tell you the truth I was surprised to see how many issues there were. Not everyone has problems......

Update posted

I had the update installed at the dealer and several days later I checked my sync my ride website for my personal update history and the update wasn't posted. I called the dealer and he said THEY don't do anything to turn in the update. How long should it take for the history to be updated? I've sent
Ford two emails but haven't heard back.

Dave, just do a vehicle health report. It will update syncmyride in a few minutes....

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I had the update installed at the dealer and several days later I checked my sync my ride website for my personal update history and the update wasn't posted. I called the dealer and he said THEY don't do anything to turn in the update. How long should it take for the history to be updated? I've sent
Ford two emails but haven't heard back.
I had mine updated at the dealer on March 29th and syncmyride still shows V2.4. Unable to update with 'Status Checker' tool and don't have VHR.
I was told by IVT rep on the phone that it could take a while. I also sent an email via the 'contact us' form and have not heard back from Ford.

Peter

Back