01-05 Sport Trac 4x4 Lift Options Discussion | Page 31 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

01-05 Sport Trac 4x4 Lift Options Discussion

What is the between Torsion Twist and torsion key leveling kit like the truxxx leveling kit i really dont know much about this stuff.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Torsion twist is free for the same lift you pay money for the leveling torsion keys. Most of us do the TT and save our money to put towards tires, wheels and other goodies.

Torsion twist is free for the same lift you pay money for the leveling torsion keys. Most of us do the TT and save our money to put towards tires, wheels and other goodies.

ok thanks, so would recommend torsion key off of ebay or truxxx or any other brand?

You can't do a truxx spacer lift on our trucks. Those are meant for vehicles with struts like 3rd and 4th gen explorers or 2nd gen STs

Just do a simple TT, replacing the keys involves removing the torsion bars and lower control arms and costly if you have a shop do it.

Probably a dumb question but arent there 2-3 brands of torsion keys that fit 2001-2005 sport tracs? Im finding conflicting info online... And then my question is would the torsion keys provide a moother ride than a regular garage TT?

what would be the best and the cheaps way to get a 6 in. lift on 05 ST 4x4

Best and cheapest way to get a 6" suspension lift from a ST is to do a Solid Axle Swap honestly.

what would be the best and the cheaps way to get a 6 in. lift on 05 ST 4x4

Hello from Dublin, Ga. You may see me around town occasionally.

882ea968-867b-412f-867c-447701213a6c_zpsae23c138.jpg

IMG_3689_zps2dbdfa7e.jpg

Midnight's right. Why 6" though? Did you just pull that number out of the air or do you have a particular size tire you want to fit?

Technically, I am about 7" taller than stock with about 4.5" of lift.

Hello from Dublin, Ga. You may see me around town occasionally.

IMG_20130626_160242_048_zps4a5cc9f9.jpg

IMG_3689_zps2dbdfa7e.jpg

Midnight's right. Why 6" though? Did you just pull that number out of the air or do you have a particular size tire you want to fit?

Technically, I am about 7" taller than stock with about 4.5" of lift.

offtrac i would love to see you rig in person haha. about the lift i really want 4 to 5 in lift close to yours

offtrac i would love to see you rig in person haha. about the lift i really want 4 to 5 in lift close to yours

If I ever have plans to be in Macon with some notice I'll pm you to meet up. I always enjoy meeting other ST owners. Are you 2wd or 4wd? 2wd is a bit easier to lift.

If I ever have plans to be in Macon with some notice I'll pm you to meet up. I always enjoy meeting other ST owners. Are you 2wd or 4wd? 2wd is a bit easier to lift.

Sounds great i hope im off that day. my ST is 4wd. want to put a body lift on but have no clue how to install it or anything like that.

Sounds great i hope im off that day. my ST is 4wd. want to put a body lift on but have no clue how to install it or anything like that.

The instructions that come with the body lift are not great but they are adequate. Some claim it took them just a few hours; I'm neither a mechanic nor an internet-macho-man so I have no problem saying it took me a full weekend of work and I have access to a very large number of tools. I'd be willing to lend a hand with some advance notice. No promises with my work schedule, master's degree (why you may see me in Macon), preparing to build a house and hunting season but I get some free time occasionally.

Maybe we could make a party of it and I could finally change my body mount isolators at the same time. If you're doing the body lift, make sure to check your body mounts and order them at the same time if necessary. You'll only want to do this job once if you can help it and I really wish I had replaced them when I did the body lift.

If you're not up for doing the body lift yourself, you can shop around. I've seen people get quotes of over $1k to just a couple hundred for the labor. Personally, I would pay someone up to about $600 for me to not have to do it but I am glad I did it myself because it was my first time really crawling around this truck getting to know it. I also had more time than money back then. Now I have neither, lol.

The instructions that come with the body lift are not great but they are adequate. Some claim it took them just a few hours; I'm neither a mechanic nor an internet-macho-man so I have no problem saying it took me a full weekend of work and I have access to a very large number of tools. I'd be willing to lend a hand with some advance notice. No promises with my work schedule, master's degree (why you may see me in Macon), preparing to build a house and hunting season but I get some free time occasionally.

Maybe we could make a party of it and I could finally change my body mount isolators at the same time. If you're doing the body lift, make sure to check your body mounts and order them at the same time if necessary. You'll only want to do this job once if you can help it and I really wish I had replaced them when I did the body lift.

If you're not up for doing the body lift yourself, you can shop around. I've seen people get quotes of over $1k to just a couple hundred for the labor. Personally, I would pay someone up to about $600 for me to not have to do it but I am glad I did it myself because it was my first time really crawling around this truck getting to know it. I also had more time than money back then. Now I have neither, lol.

offtrac did you get a skid plate made im going to cut my bumper like yours(hit a guard rail and craked my lower half ) so just going to cut it and do you have any closer pics by chance ?

offtrac did you get a skid plate made im going to cut my bumper like yours(hit a guard rail and craked my lower half ) so just going to cut it and do you have any closer pics by chance ?

Yeah, its a RCI skid plate for the Ranger. Perfect fit. I have a thread about cutting the bumper and adding the skid plate; it had something to do with "plastic surgery" in the title. I may have just added info into Obie's thread about the skid plate.

Yeah, its a RCI skid plate for the Ranger. Perfect fit. I have a thread about cutting the bumper and adding the skid plate; it had something to do with "plastic surgery" in the title. I may have just added info into Obie's thread about the skid plate.

Ok thanks man

TT vs Torsion Keys

Probably a dumb question but arent there 2-3 brands of torsion keys that fit 2001-2005 sport tracs? Im finding conflicting info online... And then my question is would the torsion keys provide a moother ride than a regular garage TT?

Anyone got an answer to this one? I am looking at replacing the upper controls arms along with many other suspension parts and I would like to know if torsion keys would maintain a smoother ride than a TT. I'm out in the desert so a slightly softer ride helps running around on the dunes and "whoop-dee-dos". Also, side question, does anyone know where to order the plastic clips for the side cladding? Thanks fellows! :chug:

Anyone got an answer to this one? I am looking at replacing the upper controls arms along with many other suspension parts and I would like to know if torsion keys would maintain a smoother ride than a TT. I'm out in the desert so a slightly softer ride helps running around on the dunes and "whoop-dee-dos". Also, side question, does anyone know where to order the plastic clips for the side cladding? Thanks fellows! :chug:

No.

Ford dealership.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

No matter what you do whether you get keys or TT it's still gonna make the truck ride stiff or in my opinion rough. They both do the same thing and net the same amount of "lift" but the TT technically doesn't cost you anything. If you don't want to change ride quality then get a body lift or superlift.

still got that basket hugh?

Back