King of the Hammers 2014 - Who is Going? | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

King of the Hammers 2014 - Who is Going?

Cool...Im still wanting to meet both father and son of the 4531 team..Same rig as last year?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looking like I will be able to make it out for a few days. I am thinking come out Monday early afternoon and then head home Wednesday afternoon. I will be driving Tracy's explorer down to sleep in and get around in.

...Cool..:biggthump

...I'll shovel your koozies into my X for the meet up..:D

..Since it's still in the 75-85's. I might have some space in the fridge to keep a couple DP's cold for ya..

Brian1 is all set-up on being there all week so now if DB_1 happens to show up then too, we might be able to set up the EF dinner...:p:

Talked to Clint and there is no new info on the Bronco. At this point it doesn't look like they are going to return.

How does Tuesday work for everyone for dinner? I am thinking after qualifying is over we meet up and head into Yucca for dinner and supplies anyone needs. I will have Tracy's explorer so I could probably fit 4 people.

..Works for me..:D

..I think MRBoyle will be out there by then..

..I know Dave's got his Ranger running this year so hopefully he will chime in..

..and you know Brian at KOH..Either in a limo, a copter, or with his entourage somewhere but he never misses an EF gathering..:p:

..Probably one of the better video's I've seen of KOH so far..:popcorn:

I'm going to try and sneak out either friday or saturday for a quick day trip. It'll give me an excuse to get my new truck dirty.

...A raptor?..:eek:

...I'll have my gopro...Willing to have some fun out there? :burnout:

..and glad to hear you're still around..:biggthump

When have I not been looking to have fun while playing in the dirt?

It's still completely stock though, so I won't exactly be trying to break it before I can make the first payment...

Tuesday after power hour should work for a EF dinner...

And funny that you should mention copter... :D

..I just know how you roll..;)

..and this just in..:popcorn:

ULTRA4
Updates

Dave Cole, Matt Fallis, Simon Saines and Matt Adair are already on the lake bed laying out the foundation for what will become Hammer Town just two weeks from today! Surveying happened yesterday for garage areas, and fencing is already starting to go up.

Big thanks to everyone that tuned in or came out to for the 4 Wheel Parts Pre-KOH show! We had 4 times the number of viewers this year than last year for the show.

We will continue to update you weekly with info as it becomes available. New in this newsletter is info regarding Generator Rentals, Wifi Access on the lake bed, Garage Address Locations and more.

See you all on the lake bed.... just 2 weeks from today!

..Spent last weekend out at Truckhaven and got into a good frame of mind to head out to KOH this year..I did get a new camera or two that I tried out last weekend and it seems they will be up to the task..(Nikon D-90 with a Nikon D-50 backup..;))..I am going to try and use my old Olympus P&S for video's only..

..On the way out to Truckhaven I counted In-N-out's...On the way back I counted them again..(One..Two..)..I am happy to announce that they are still all there and none are missing...Can't you just smell them?..Mmmm..:p:

...I would like to share with everyone that ExplorerForum will have even more coverage of King of the Hammers this year as Brian1, MRBoyle, and myself will all be shooting and covering the events..

..For those who are into Side by Sides (SXS) aka UTV's, I have the opportunity to do some interviews with a few of the teams and will be bringing them to you as well as all the other usual coverage..

..For those interested in King of the Moto's the returning King is favored to win again..

Webb Returns to Defend King of the Motos Crown

January 21, 2014 (Temecula, CA) - Cody Webb, 25, of Watsonville, Calif., will return to the Mojave Desert in Johnson City, California on Saturday and Sunday, Feb. 1-2 to defend his 2013 King of the Motos crown.

A three-time X Games medalist, Webb, who is also studying mechanical engineering at San Jose State, is a rising star in the sport of extreme enduro-riding.

In 2013, Webb took down British superstar and 2012 King of the Motos (KOM) winner Graham Jarvis in an exciting elbow-to-elbow battle that lasted a grueling five hours. Returning to the roster in 2014, he is considered a favorite to win KOM again.

..And it's just a little over a week before Hammertown officially opens..(Jan, 31)..;)

..What's your arrival Date?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back