KOH Feb. 1-9 who is going? | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

KOH Feb. 1-9 who is going?

..A quick interview with Nick in his BII just before the start of the Smittybilt Everyman's Challenge.;)

..The BII with busted shocks and then the Battlement Bronco in traffic coming down by Back Door..

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

..Some shots from yesterday's "Happy Hour" of some fast Qualifiers..

..BJ Baldwin..
P2060475.jpg

..Shannon Campbell..
P2060426.jpg

..Robby Gordon..
P2060374.jpg

..No problem...I would like to cover more events and bring them to our members if there is enough interest...:salute:

...This morning is clear, cold, with gust to 60 with mention of snow...

::...The town grew 2-1/2 times on us yesterday alone while I was out on my perch at Jack hammer...I did get spme videos out there that I'll post later...

...I'm not sure where I'll head this morning and if I do get some interviews, forgive me in advance for the shaky video as it's cold put here and later in the day I plan to be up close and in the rptor wash again..
:D

The link for the live feed isnt working!!!!!!:banghead:

..I talked to them and it should be back up now...:biggthump

..There are 128 starting today, Robby Gordon was almost put to the rear of the pack for an un-attended vehicle at line up..

..The Fly-N-Hi vehicle made the race even though it failed to finish in the LCQ...

..It is being piloted by the Iceland Champion Ragnar Robertsson but I'm not sure if Jeremy is co-pilot...That was the plan but things keep changing out here so he may swap in during one of the pits..:dunno:

I think it's me. I tried the link again and it won't load. None of the live coverage links i googled are working. I bet there are so many users streaming right now that the system is super slow. Well I guess I'll just keep up with tbars updates and watch the videos on YouTube later. I have to go to sleep anyways.

Awesome!!! Thanks!!!!

..The storm front is trying to move in from Big Bear area and this race might finish under the nastiest conditions yet..:eek:

..I'm guessing everyone has already heard that Robby Gordon has blown his motor..

Edit:

It is actually snowing in Norco and Corona as we were just informed b the Fire crew out here and it's moving this way..

SoCal local Randy Slawson wins in the Bomber:thumbsup:

..Here's some raw footage of what I shot this morning before and during today's start of the "King of the Hammers" 2013 race..:popcorn:

Great footage. I was watching the race on my phone at lunch:thumbsup:

...I just got back to the neighborhood after taking some time to do some offroad desert exploring out by powerline rd. and Marble canyon rd. then a detour thru Big Bear on the way home..:D

..I am totally exhausted as it's been non stop go,go,go all week long..

..I will post up some more pics and videos today but here's one I grabbed from Off-Road.com..;)

SoCal local Randy Slawson wins in the Bomber:thumbsup:

..This following link has the official story on Randy's KOH win and the official results..
http://www.icontact-archive.com/YUMGRli0ZXRJDaMD7wqEBQfBCh_gQXEu?w=4

2013 Griffin King of The Hammers Presented by Nitto Tire

Randy Slawson Wins The Toughest Griffin King of the Hammers in History

..Glad to hear you made it home as I was worried you got stuck on the 15 with the pass closed...Hopefully MRBoyle will post they made it home too..

..I stayed at the podium till the Homegrown team came across the line..

..Ben was met by Shannon Campbell who had mentioned it when he finished but came back out to wait for Ben Swain to cross the finish line and thank the team publicly for winching him back over and sending Shannon on his way with out care for their own situation..

..The sportsmanship at this race with the sharing of info and parts is probably second to none..

..I'm finally getting some time to sort out and upload some pics from the "Everyman Challenge" and there will be a few of the leaders of the UTV's in the pics also..:D

..In the meantime, here are a couple videos that have some language but if you follow KOH you will enjoy...

These are NSFW = Language

This years funny animated spoof on going to the "King of the Hammers"..

Ben Swain / Team Homegrown met at podium by grateful Shannon Campbell..

..Proof I was in Big Bear..(not photo chopped)..:D

P2091318.jpg

..This years Fashion for the King of the Hammers week..

P2081255.jpg

..Here are some shots from Jack Hammer..

P2071119.jpg

P2071178.jpg

P2071198.jpg

P2071209.jpg

P2070996.jpg

P2071036.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

..And a few more as we wait for Brian's pics..:D

P2070884.jpg

P2070665.jpg

P2070668.jpg

P2070729.jpg

P2070782.jpg

Back