Moulded running boards

roamingphantom

Reaction score
City, State
NYC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 EX Limited, 302A
Hey all
Finally got my Ex Limited and i am looking to install some running boards - preferably the moulded ones. Did anyone install running boards and which ones would you recommend.

Also where do i go to input information about my ex on my profile.

Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey all
Finally got my Ex Limited and i am looking to install some running boards - preferably the moulded ones. Did anyone install running boards and which ones would you recommend.

Also where do i go to input information about my ex on my profile.

Thanks
You may want to check out this thread;

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=343141

BTW, he now has a Sport.

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=381040

Notice also that he has added a 'shark fin' antenna. Had this on both Explorers.

Peter

I was actually in a sport with the running boards and they were at an 'awkward' height for me....
if I used them it made me have to bend too much to get in AND the surface area was very tight to the door sill...

researching AMP research as have had them on previous vehicles with great results...

I have the moulded on my Chevy and they look awesome. I'll probably go with the DeeZee when I get some $$$$$..lol

Thanks guys

On a side note - my mudguards came today and i'll be installing those tomorrow. I'll post pics

Your mudflaps will have to come off if you want to install the EGR running boards.

Ohhhh ok well thats not gonna happen...HAHA! the mud guards look phenomenal.

I have the moulded on my Chevy and they look awesome. I'll probably go with the DeeZee when I get some $$$$$..lol

Thanks guys

On a side note - my mudguards came today and i'll be installing those tomorrow. I'll post pics
My only concern with the running boards is that when exiting the vehicle, unless you actually step on the boards, your likely to clean them off with your pant leg. As it is, when I slide out of the Ex my legs rubs slightly against the vehicle body but the bottom part of the door keeps that area fairly clean.

Peter

My only concern with the running boards is that when exiting the vehicle, unless you actually step on the boards, your likely to clean them off with your pant leg. As it is, when I slide out of the Ex my legs rubs slightly against the vehicle body but the bottom part of the door keeps that area fairly clean.

Peter

Thanks Peter, i know about that:salute:. However because my grandmother and mother ride in the EX at times i need to have that "assistance" for them. I may end up not going with running boards but its gonna be tough on them

a $3 step stool @ walmart worked wonders for my inlaws getting in and out of the excursions (even with the step bars)

Your mudflaps will have to come off if you want to install the EGR running boards.

I'm interested in purchasing the EGR integrated running boards from carid.com but does anyone know if these boards will drop the clearance? I mean to be more precise the height from the ground to the underside of the explorer.

can anyone confirm this?

I'm interested in purchasing the EGR integrated running boards from carid.com but does anyone know if these boards will drop the clearance? I mean to be more precise the height from the ground to the underside of the explorer.

can anyone confirm this?

Look on the mods section, there is a huge thread on running boards with quite a few suggestions there. Sorrry i cant link - maybe Peter will.

Back