Why I haven't been posting much these days.... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Why I haven't been posting much these days....

celly

disturber of the peace
Reaction score
City, State
calgary
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 eb 5.0 awd
newride-061413-web.jpg

Actually, it's the one in the middle. :eek:

Company car. All expenses paid. Has a lot of utility with the space. Been hauling my son's mountain bike in the back. Also installed a hitch to carry the same bike rack I've using for years on the Exploders. Very useful vehicle on the trailhead.

Going to suck in winter, but I'm told I can buy real snow tires for it. Better on gas than the Ex (and cough, cough), quicker than the Eddie. :(

I still love driving the truck and take it out on weekends. It needs some work, but, it's driving and looking great. It could use more TLC but I plan to soon. The lower miles can't hurt it. I just went over 100,000 mi after all. It should last forever based on my math. :)

So a perk of the job. We have to buy Chrysler. We have a boatload of decently equipped RAM 1500, but also Grand Caravans and Journeys. No venturing into Durango which would have been my choice. ;) I inherited the spec from the guy I replaced. Very basic. I can factory order in about 2 years. I can't believe I'm saying this, but....I may do another :bsnicker: "van".

I still lurk on EF from time to time. Good to see the usual suspects still around. :D

p.s. Jonny, the PC still looks as good as the day it was baked. Good to "see" you pal. :)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well at least you don't have to rack up the miles and wear out your vehicle. I haven't been posting alot myself mainly from working alot and family time, I too have a minivan for work...
945866_10151376686335978_450725196_n.jpg

They are descent and go when you floor them...alot... :D but the transmission of course is odd already at 14k miles. Good to know you're still around..

That's funny- every Chrysler minivan we rent for work has suspect transmissions at 12-18k.

Glad to hear Brad has turned into a soccer Dad. Call him what you wish, at least he didn't buy a Prius- like we did.

Wow! Brad's back. But he's driving a mini van, OH NO!

Good to hear from you.

I think this is him:

1_celly-cell.jpeg

Good luck with the Dodge.
That tranny is gonna die fast..

Keeping the miles off of the toy is always a good thing.:chug:

Good to see you around. I hope all works out well for you.

Company vehicle is never a bad thing. I used to take the work truck home and the 9 year old Focus only had 40,000 on it. :thumbsup:

I'm starting to see transmission anomalies already, and the van hardly has 10,000 mi. Good thing it's not mine. ;)

I still take the truck out on the weekends. Nothing like the rumble of the 5.0 to make me smile.

Thanks for all the replies dudes. I miss this place.

I think this is him:

1_celly-cell.jpeg

Busted. ;)

How's things going over there with the big flood ?
hope you're all okay,,

How's things going over there with the big flood ?
hope you're all okay,,

Hiya Pete,

The flood has been a bit mind-numbing. While we weren't personally affected, a lot of people in Southern Alberta have been and the footage makes me sad. So many great things I love about this neck of the woods are either under water or destroyed.

We'll recover. It's just going to take some time. :(

Brad

OK, now I have a different reason for not posting. Not working at the place with minivan anymore. Was fun driving a company vehicle. It would have been a Porsche Cayenne for all I care (and I love those), but the job sucked.

I started my own consulting business in August and I'm back to the Ex. It's been running superbly and I have a limited desire to do any mods, so that's why I'm not posting now.

I hope all is well in Explorerforum land. :)

Glad all is well with you. What year Explorer do you have now?

Hey Brad2 or is it Brad1? I can't remember. haha

I did a search on header gaskets for the torque monster headers and came across another thread you started in 2009 then I went to see what you have been up to lately and saw this thread. Hope your consulting business is doing well. Maybe it allows you more flexibility in work hours instead of working for the "man". Each has pros and cons. As a business owner I know.

Anyways I got a leaky drivers header gasket and was just doing some research as to what kind of gasket to get. Remember though I have trick flow heads (not GT40-P) with the standard windsor port. I want something that will last more than a few years. The passenger side was replaced last summer by a shop and I may tackle this one myself.

Glad all is well with you. What year Explorer do you have now?

Rick, sorry for the slow reply! Still driving the '99 EB. Still running great outside of a bad plug wire I finally sorted out. Just approaching 170,000 KM (102,000 mi)

Hey Brad2 or is it Brad1? I can't remember. haha

I did a search on header gaskets for the torque monster headers and came across another thread you started in 2009 then I went to see what you have been up to lately and saw this thread. Hope your consulting business is doing well. Maybe it allows you more flexibility in work hours instead of working for the "man". Each has pros and cons. As a business owner I know.

Anyways I got a leaky drivers header gasket and was just doing some research as to what kind of gasket to get. Remember though I have trick flow heads (not GT40-P) with the standard windsor port. I want something that will last more than a few years. The passenger side was replaced last summer by a shop and I may tackle this one myself.

Brad, sorry for the delay! Entrepreneurship is fun. Keeping busy.

I'm still using the ones Jon installed for me. I think they're the ones that came with the kit. I did get my hands on some of those Percy's aluminum gaskets. They're still in the package somewhere. Luckily I haven 't had to swap yet.

Brad too.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back