2000 4DR 67in Trail Gear Rock sliders installed | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2000 4DR 67in Trail Gear Rock sliders installed

crazyflights

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
St. Joseph, MO
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 1 ton Jeep
I have a 00 Explorer 5.0, 1in Body lift, ad a leaf, TT, 265-75-16 BFG KO2 Allterrains, I added factory gas tank skid, RCI front radiator skid, still looking for T-case skid, have done 4406 swap, and now it was time for sliders!

I have a welder and no issues with welding them on, I don't have any reason to remove them.

I went with easiest route I could find. I bought 67in Trail Gear sliders that you weld on.

I made 4x4in 1/4 wall plates to weld them to and those to the frame, for more surface area.

See pics, I think it turned out good and it will do what I intend.
IMG_8938.jpg

IMG_8964.jpg
IMG_8967.jpg
IMG_8965.jpg
IMG_8972.jpg
IMG_8971.jpg
IMG_8970.jpg
IMG_8968.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looks awesome. Those KO2's are nasty looking too. I just ordered KO2's for mine but the guys put on KO's...... I was in no mood to rock the boat though so I just kept the KO's. Hopefully they wear out soon lol.

did you used to have the factory running boards that tied into the fender flares?

I noticed you are looking for a t case skid plate I am currenty working on modding the factory skid plate so it can work with the 4406 swap I will do a write up on it when I am finished with it

I used to have factory steps, that tied into the flares, I removed cause they would have been destroyed long ago.

I'm thinking hard about just building a new 1/4 thick t-case skid, pretty easy project other than I have no time for awhile.

Tube is 1 & 3/4 DOM 1.20 wall. I think.

Back