3 Problems with 2016 Ford explorer sport | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

3 Problems with 2016 Ford explorer sport

2016 sport

I have a 2016 sport and had to bring it in when the check engine lite came on. Dealer ship reset the lite and could not figure out what caused it. I now have 1300 miles on it and the fan in squealing like a pig after the engine is shut down. I like others on here am a ford guy but just had to replace control arms on my 2011 fusion sport at 70,000 miles. Large cost for what was said to be a very reliable car. I am currently a unhappy FORD Guy!!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

ford

The explorer has been fixed with a new fan motor. The fusion is back to the shop for left side control arms after the right side has been replaced the left started making the same noise. 1,500.00 dollars maintenance on a car with 70,000 miles. Not so happy...

Good to hear on the fan, sorry on the Fusion.

Hey guys!

Please bring this up to your dealers the next time you're there so they can diagnose and correct it.

Rebecca

Was this MFT issue ever diagnosed/resolved?

Was this MFT issue ever diagnosed/resolved?
If you're waiting for a reply from the FordIVTteam you're out of luck. Ford pulled all the reps off the Forum on Jan. 31st.

Peter

If you're waiting for a reply from the FordIVTteam you're out of luck. Ford pulled all the reps off the Forum on Jan. 31st.

Peter
Thanks Peter. Figures.

Did they say why?
Never did says why or that they planned to do it. Apparently they were also pulled from the F-150 Forum. When the previous group left all indications were that a new group was coming in.

Peter

My fan squeaked when it spun down and I didn't think anything of it. It seemed to happen in the winter only. Next time it happens I'll bring it in to replace the fan assembly.

Nice to know what the pop is when you start moving; my 17 does that and I had been wondering what it is.

Back