410Fortune 1988 Ford Bronco II Eddie Bauer 4x4 | Page 11 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

410Fortune 1988 Ford Bronco II Eddie Bauer 4x4

Ah good. I wonder what drive in car washes think of you guys.

They hate them. I hate them too.:D Sometimes the car washes get so bad around here you can't wash your car without driving through the mud left by the trucks in the middle of the night.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

2018 I am back on EF!!!
Bronco II is still my daily driver
She has some rust I need to fix (again) otherwise she's flawless
Has gone through some changes last 9 years, like I finally painted /coated it (monstaliner)
The front suspension is done with custom coil buckets, F250 shock mounts (front and rear shocks on my truck are same part) and 97 Ranger outers (dual caliper pistons)
The lighting is now all LED with "roundeye" conversion
The engine top end was redone (gaskets) and I added a gt40 intake spacer, Injen dry air filter with CAI
The cats are hollow, soon to me missing...... I am redoing the entire exhaust (hangs a bit too low, Idaho has no emissions!)
Shes running 35x12.5x17" Duratracs on Motometal wheels
I am building the spare tire mount / gas can swing in 2018 if it kills me, I have had the parts for over about 3 years
1354 Manual t case now, no more electric shift
All gauges are Autometer, I used Autometer speedo and tach. Speedo is for a 97 explorer, BII uses 97 explorer style VSS in tcase, no cable
The tachometer is adjustable by autometer
The gauges are in the stock instrument cluster (dremmel) The high beam and OD on/off indicator were grafted into the stock dashpot (xacto knife/rubber cement)
She has matching oil pressure, water temp, trans temp and fuel level gauges mounted on a cut up cookie sheet. The stereo is now double din Pioneer DVD will add backup camera w rear bumper build
I installed a Redhead steering gear box a few years ago along with AC Delco professional grade upper and lower balljoints
I custom built a high pressure AC line to work with a 4.0L AC condenser, the truck now has AC (its not the best due to the air box notch to clear 5.0 but it works!)
The body was rust repaired and monstaliner, went from Blue to desert sand. Door hinge protectors fabricated
Hood was fitted with cherokee stainless steel heat vents
I drive the snot out of this truck, I live on a 2 mile dirt "road" and we got 14' of snow last winter.
We have 4 seasons here, Winter, snow season, mud season, and finally getting ready for winter.
Dirt every day!!
Thanks for having me back!!! This truck was built for Colorado on this forum pretty much, I have been driving this truck since 1996
We have built, modified, converted, and recycled so many explorers rangers and RBV I have lost count. I build custom trucks as a hobby/small business... this BII is what started it all

Glad to see you, and the b2, are still alive and kickin!

Cant kill it!!
IMG_3898.JPG

IMG_3549.JPG

IMG_3857.JPG

IMG_7554.JPG

IMG_7562.JPG

IMG_3853.JPG

IMG_3922.JPG

IMG_7248.JPG

IMG_2888.jpg

IMG_7480.JPG

Welcome back! I saw your posts yesterday and I'm glad you jumped back in here. I love the truck, lots of good projects in it I see.

what shocks I need some for my '84 deuce with sas &9 inch
roscoe

I am running Rancho RS9000 XL shocks I love them
Best way to find out what lengths you need is to stuff the front and rear axles on your rig (RTI) and measure...then check w Rancho my shock mounts are custom front and back so probably different from your SAS truck
I like the rancho because I had nothing but issues with Bilsteins on the wifes Yota and Rancho gave me a pro rated life time warranty on 9000 series shocks I had purchased back in like 2001....pretty good of them! Saved me a bunch of $$$
The new 9000's are pretty beefy
My truck has soft 6" Skyjacker springs front and back and no lift blocks, no sway bars. I have solid engine and trans mounts, urethane body mounts with a slight body drop, The shocks are set on the stiff side of things and it rides like a dream.......

I've got the same spring pockets in the rear same springs same shock mount type rear is stock on the top and bottom bet the same part number would work thanks for getting back
roscoe

Glad to see you and the B2 back again. I had a long hiatus too, and came back with a b2 which is somewhat inspired by yours (and 4x4junkie)

How did you do the round headlight buckets? Something I want to do in the future.

I'm gonna miss the blue with white fenders.

waaaaay too easy.
I found the parts from a VW the round metal lens holder and retainer ring then simply welded the round ring to my stock square metal bucket.
I trimmed the grill slightly and made some plastic bezels to hide the ugly.
Still uses stock hardware to adjust and lights plug in like stock
I was not sure if I would like the look but as soon as I did it I was hooked
My wifes FJ and my BII have alot in common considering they are different manufacturers and 19 years apart, this is one more thing that makes them more similar

So now that you're back, and I know you originally did the 4.0 transplant in the B2 before going to the v8, I have a question.

I'm doing a SOHC into RJ's old Navajo. I have complete 2000 sport for the donor. I'm doing a complete transfer of all wiring. But do you have any advice on fitment. Specifily firewall and HVAC.

...oh yeah there's a engine cage under the hood already too:rolleyes: but nevermind that detail...

So now that you're back, and I know you originally did the 4.0 transplant in the B2 before going to the v8, I have a question.

I'm doing a SOHC into RJ's old Navajo. I have complete 2000 sport for the donor. I'm doing a complete transfer of all wiring. But do you have any advice on fitment. Specifily firewall and HVAC.

...oh yeah there's a engine cage under the hood already too:rolleyes: but nevermind that detail...

Ryan swapped the firewall in his 1st gen Explorer, when he did his 302. He also swapped the dash, which wasn't hard to do after the firewall. The firewall is quite a bit different, I think that's why he went that route, easier than retrofitting the differences(plus he wanted the later dash). Have you looked at his thread, there were very good pictures and descriptions when he did it?

HEY I saw your thread about that Navajo
Lets ask Brett
I am still great friends with Brett Grooms
He is running a 2004 SOHC in his 93 Sport with a 5 speed and the OHV PCM
He was NEVER happy with the fit of the sohc in the TTB truck. It runs great, but fits the truck poorly.
Lets see if he has any advice for you

You know what engine I would put in that navajo.....and I have three really nice SOHC engines downstairs................ all for sale LOL

You can RUN that sohc with the OHV PCM if you stay 5 speed or use a trans controller. Does that appeal to you?
As far as a PCM is concerned there is only one difference between a ohv and a sohc, the extra cam sensor on the valve cover. So ignore it......
With that said All 95-01 explorers (02-04 sport/trac and 02-11 Ranger) have the 42 pin C115 wiring plug, if it has this plug then I can put any OHV, SOHC or 5.0 in it given enough parts

I'm swapping everything and going to OBD2. Donor is 4x2, but I found a 5R55E out of a newer 4x4 Ranger and 1354 manual out of a 94 sport. Gas tank, smog, wiring, cluster everything. Yes, even PATS. However my goal is to retain the first gen dash, if possible.

Also TTB will be going away in stage 2 for Super Duty axles and 40's

All has to be Cali smog.

no problem :)
You can use the gen I dash with any setup you wish, OBDII conversion is not too difficult
I do hate the big white plug that the Gen I use through the firewall but it too can be wired up
My 88 still uses 88 dash
Ill jump over to the Navajo thread

Yes, sorry to hijack your thread:(

Thanks Ryan!!
Stic-O Threads are meant to be hijacked LOL Im usually the hijacker

And I might ask you questions about wiring a 4.0 in a B2. When the time comes...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have a question on the vss I got under the car to put the '92 wiring to the '84 I wired it in parallel because I had a brain f rt does it need to be wired in parallel or series thanks
roscoe

Back