06 Mountaineer No Spark after changing Gaskets.. | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

06 Mountaineer No Spark after changing Gaskets..

First get that oil cleaner up. Do a long drain, and maybe use something like BG engine restorer and.synthetic oil. It.will take a few.changes.
Worst case, chunky oil can destroy rod bearings etc. Then its over.
Clean oil needed for CVT to operate properly.
You think dirty oil is what's stalling the engine? I was leaning towards a TPS or MAF. Or even the cam sensor bank 1 . But I wouldn't know. What is the CVT? And what gives you the impression that the oil is in bad condition?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

First get that oil cleaner up. Do a long drain, and maybe use something like BG engine restorer and.synthetic oil. It.will take a few.changes.
You think dirty oil is what's stalling the engine? I was leaning towards a TPS or MAF. Or even the cam sensor bank 1 . But I wouldn't know. What is the CVT? And what gives you the impression that the oil is in bad condition?

What codes did you have before?

Since you mentioned vct I assume you have the V8. If you sprayed starter fluid and it didn't cough like it wanted to start your either missing ignition or throttle body isn't opening. Check both cam sensors and both throttle body plugs. Most importantly I want the codes you had before.
I need some advice on my other post if you guys have an opinion.
I'd greatly appreciate it! New Post on ExplorerForum

I still think you have a timing problem on bank 1 with the Variable Camshaft Timing which is driven by engine oil,

I still think you have a timing problem on bank 1 with the Variable Camshaft Timing which is driven by engine oil,

Would you still think that if I told you I installed a brand new VCT sensor on bank 1 a week ago?

Sure, the sensor is just the messenger. the solenoid valve does the work. You can possibly clean it, it is a valve that controls oil that moves the phasers which advance and retards the cams. If it is stuck and either extreme, your engine will run badly. Check and compare both sides.
Remember the two original codes that dealt with retarded timing and correlation with the crankshaft. I am suprised that they have not appeared yet.

Back