Strongbox Shorty install question

VAUGHN4wd

Reaction score
City, State
Stanwood Wa
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 ford explorer
hello my fellow explorer enthusiasts,
I have my strongbox shorty installed on my transfer case ready to reinstall into my ex. Im wondering if anyone who has the shorty installed did anyone make a transfer case mount instead of relying on just the transmission mount. pics and a little explanation are much appreciated. Thanks in advance. I just don't want to have the strongbox case to break out in the trail because it is not supported. Too much $$$ on the line plus having to wait 7 months to get it doesn't help it either.

That link is for one of the early strong boxes. What your asking for is the shorty which I haven't seen anyone on this forum say about installing. I have the 7" long strong box so it isn't the same as what you got.

I have auto fab motor mounts, homemade poly bushing transmission mount (similar to autofabs), and a poly bushing mount on my doubler. I did not put any mounts on my transfer case.

I feel you should do some kind of mount on the doubler at least to help distribute the forces so it isn't putting it all on the tailshaft of the transmission

I can take pictures if you would like.

Back