Explorer delays | Page 12 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Explorer delays

It says only affects manual seat recliners, I would suggest other then base model and some XLT's the bulk of Explorers are all 10 way power reclining seats.

It is the 2nd row seats.. they all have manual recline.

"On the 2020 Explorers and Lincoln Aviators, rear outboard seats with manual recliners are of concern. "

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Mine is on a rail car. Would they be taken off to repair? or ship and have dealer fix?

Dealer should be able to inspect.

I saw this and thought it was front passenger seats only.

From the recall notice

"the recall affects vehicles with manual driver and/or front passenger seat-back recliners".

I saw this and thought it was front passenger seats only.

From the recall notice

"the recall affects vehicles with manual driver and/or front passenger seat-back recliners".

This recall is on my ST and I have the massaging front seats and the captains second row.

Hey Mike, I had an ST ordered that was built on 7/16 and was "sent offsite". The owner of my dealership is a friend of mine and his comments led me to have him find an ST at another dealer. The southeast regional guy told him my unit would likely not ship to him until Oct or Nov because there was a tremendous backlog to get fixed and shipped. Sorry to give you bad news, hate to see everyone waiting for their orders but I bailed and found one down here in South FL that was extremely close to what I wanted and bought it. I am extremely pleased with it and have found Zero defects or issues with it at this point. Only thing I would change is the standard chrome lug nuts on the black wheels instead of black chrome lug nuts.

Well, still zero movement on my ordered ST. Just came from my dealer whos getting me a replacement from another dealer. Should have it by Monday if all goes well! Enough of this waiting crap.

Perhaps there is more to the story than we might suspect. Today Goldman Sachs dropped Ford's credit rating to junk.....

If its any help, my original order started moving again yesterday. After i had my dealer find me a new one. So it seems things are starting to progress thru again...

Mine is sitting in the CAP Railyard waiting for train to the west coast.

What is the best site to check on vehicle progress? My 2020 Limited shows production /July 10th and nothing more. Noticed some members postings show vehicle offsite etc. I'm using Ford Vehicle Order Tracking. Is there a better one?

Welcome to the Forum Bob.:wave:

Peter

After almost 60 day's in Transit I found a new dealer and leased a White St yesterday! Very Happy with the New Ride! Worth the wait.

After almost 60 day's in Transit I found a new dealer and leased a White St yesterday! Very Happy with the New Ride! Worth the wait.
gotta post a pic!

E3C78A00-1F00-4354-8A2F-38B8F1E61D49.jpeg
6F30A643-9BB1-4DA7-ACFF-C9DD75144835.jpeg

The Detroit Free Press today is reporting very serious problems with delivery of the new Explorer. This article explains in detail what many of us who placed orders have experienced. Truly a cluster....for Ford. I can't figure out how to post the link so maybe a moderator can do that for me......EVERYONE will need to read this!

2020 Ford Explorer has top secret problems disrupting dealer delivery

Phoebe Wall Howard, Detroit Free Press
1 hr ago

Vehicles crammed full of computers and sensors and high-tech crapola, I wouldn't even consider getting a new vehicle now days without the absolutely longest manufacturer extended warranty. If the vehicle is not worth the sales price plus extended warranty, then don't buy it.

Got a 2015 (not an Explorer), just passed its 3-year, 60k warranty. Has a back up collision avoidance malfunction...$1400 to fix. Guess what safety feature that vehicle isn't going to have for the next 11 years?

I HATE this tech crap, its all awesome on day one, but then goes to hell a few years down the road.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back