Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. A

02' and newer X's

I have an '03 with the NBX pack on it. 4.6 V8, very nice ride. I do have some issues with it, but overall it is a nice truck. Yes it was expensive - $32,600 - I went with the 0% financing so it is ok with me. The question I have is - if I were to slap a super charger on this bad boy, would...
  2. A

Problem with windshield fluid nozzles?

Oh man I hate it when the fluid doesn't come out and my windshield is covered with road salt!! I have my oil changed, and always tell them to NOT top off the washer fluid - of course they always do. theproblem is that the fluid they put in is water laced with oil - lol. I have noticed the...
  3. A

keyless entry reprogramming?

That's great to know! Is that true with '03 as well? I can check mine, but it is easier to ask you :) :P
  4. A

Comment by 'AndyCap' in media 'Paragon'

Iwould have liked to see more pics. I definitely want to get that kind of a brush bar now that I have seen it in action. Nice truck.
  5. A

500 miles left on warrant - need advice

W'ell do bro. I was considering going to a tire shop either way. I just want to avoid going out of warranty and then find a big problem with the differential or sommat.
  6. A

500 miles left on warrant - need advice

I am the proud owner of a '03 X with NBX pack. So, the story goes: When I have about 15,000 miles on the truck I got a screw in the sidewall of my passenger side rear tire. The tire was deemed irreperable, and I bought a new tire. No problems. I drove my truck all over the country since...
  7. A

Feature Truck Mudd***** 4-20-04

Some mighty fine pics on your site. schweet
  8. A

03's Cruise shuts off for no reason

I have a 2003 Explorer with under 7000 miles on it and the cruise will just shut off for no reason. Once it shuts off I cannot "resume" I have to turn it back on and reset it. It is going into the Dealer's Monday, but I don't expect them to know what they are doing. Has anybody else had...
  9. A

PIAA 510's on roof. Too small?

That would be great - thanx I know how to wire and all of that - just need a neat way of doing it.
  10. A

03 XLS fog lights

Eddie Bauer is an XLT package. XLT's have a different bumper than the XLS. I agree about the third seat though. I have an XLT that I bought to use for my carpentry trade and find that the rear seats don't fold flat. LOL Oh well - i still love the truck. I will have to get a trailer.
  11. A

I have started to think that my first alteration to my new toy would be lighting. How did you run the wire for your lights? What do people suggest? I am opposed to drilling a hole in the roof, but running wire down the pillars would be unsightly too.
  12. A

I'm officially an Explorer owner now!!

X - thanks for posting the pic :) Man I love this truck. Some jerk had the nerve to call it a minivan today!!!
  13. A

2003 100th Year Harley Motorcycle - Whoops

Dude - sorry to hear about your dad. My dad is a big motorcycle enthusiast and has been run of the road a few times too. Massachusetts has a helmet law, but NH does not.
  14. A

LMAO Look what this dumb@$$ did...

"You break it you bought it" LOL Poor chap
  15. A

I absolutely plan on becoming an "Elite Explorer" I just have to recover from the $@#$@#ing I got on my trade in first. LOL As far as pics go - I don't own a camera......yet. I have been saving for a nice Digi camera. The truck is completely stock and is the silver birch they use in the...
  16. A

I painted the CHROME!!! come, look

Nice!! It works very well specially because you have a black truck IMO. Accents with grill very well.
  17. A

More Power - Guaranteed!

I used to install Acrylic tubs and Bon Ami was the only cleaner we would recommend for cleaning because it didn't scratch the acrylic, so it makes sense that it would work well on teh auto glass.
  18. A

Ford Extended Warranties

Naw the extended warranty is only as good as the repair service in teh dealership you are dealing with. My wife has an Escape and needed soem work done - these chowder heads blew it big time. So when I bought my Explorer today - I told them to shove their extended warranty.
  19. A

What's better for snow, fog or driving lights?

Best thing for snow is a nice 4X4, ski pass and a set of skis!!!! I agree - colored lights are the way to go in the snow. They create less glare and cut throught eh snow when it is actually snowing, whereas the regular lights reflect back.
  20. A

I like 'em. What did you do with the Yakima nameplate? Got to put that back on.
  21. A

NH HERE

I'm a newb too, and I am originally from Reading, MA. I now live in Merrimcak, NH, and my name is Gary also. Scary isn't it - lol. I just bought my first Explorer too.
  22. A

OK, now I can officially be a member of this site. I bought my NBX/XLT today. She's a beauty. Loaded, V8, Yakima rack (it's an '03), 6 disc changer, power pedals, remote start, etc. Silver birch is the color.So hello my fellow explorerers lol
  23. A

NBX - The next Explorer to buy?

Thanks bro. I asked the manager at the dealership and he gave me this blank look - lol. I am a carpenter and was hoping to actually use the basket instead of having it just for looks. I am considering one of those racks you can plug into the trailer hitch. That way I can carry a job box and...
  24. A

NBX - The next Explorer to buy?

Sunbum I am buying that exact truck!! I walked into the dealership last night and that is what they had. Love at first site!! This was a great thread for me because I got a lot of info I was wondering about. One question I have though. What is the weight allowance on the rack? anyone know?
Back