Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. O

Can I just swap computers between Explorer sports?

Is this the pats module or is this just the module for the door code programming (03 Explorer Sport XLT) Thank you Security Keyless Keypad Code Location 2003 Explorer Sport XLT
  2. O

5R55E Can I access replace reverse servo without removing the Valve Body

2003 Ford Explorer Sport 5R55E Transmission Can I access replace reverse servo /seals/ (outer)Gasket without removing the Valve Body Thank you.
  3. O

5R55E Stalls engine in Rev and 1st

Thank you for sharing the original information. It was very helpful!
  4. O

5R55E Stalls engine in Rev and 1st

same here except my retaining bracket was broken as well. Was told it was good to replace the epc solenoid as well. no more stalling.
  5. O

1999 Explorer 4.0 OHC V6 engine stalls when stopping - bad torque converter?

In case someone comes upon this in a search. I had this happen on my 2003 sport. The bracket that holds the solenoids in place was broken off by the tcc solenoid. I replaced the bracket, the tcc solenoid and the epc solenoid and it is not stalling out anymore.
  6. O

My spare keys had to be programmed so I don't think it is the same as the older models.
  7. O

I've got an 03 Explorer sport XLT Auto 2wd 4.0 I was looking at an 02 Explorer sport (Non xlt Auto 2wd 4.0) Can I swap the computers, Pat Module and Ignition lock between the two vehicles Would I have to change any cables etc? Would I need to change the ignition lock ? I ask as I have an SCT...
  8. O

Where to get front wheel spacers for 2wd

not sure about what is the same from year to year, but for sure the spacers I have that fit on the rear do not go all the way on the front I'll probably take them to the machine shop after I see exactly what is interfering and by how much. Thanks for the help guys
  9. O

they are different on a 2wd same spacer, took it off the back and tried to put it on the front. the inside of the spacer bore needs to be a little deeper. 1/2 " maybe I guess i could get another 2" set and have them machined if I can't get one that is all this place offers for the explorer
  10. O

The 2" hub centric ones I have fit the rear fine but don't go over the hub in the front. anyone know where to get hubcentric ones for the front on a 2wd 2003 sport Thanks "D"
  11. O

XCal 3 Tunes?

very cool, I'll pm you Thanks "D"
  12. O

XCal 3 Tunes?

jah81592 Do you do tunes for the xcal2 as well if so can I use them in the extreme tune program ? (xtr format) thanks
  13. O

My quest for 25

I've been shopping for tires in the 265/7x range tires I've noticed that some of the tires in the E loadrange are 8 or more pounds heavier per tire according to tire racks specs. Thats a lot of extra weight in an unecessary spot.
  14. O

Look what I got today - 07 fusion keys! For my 04

so can i grab an ign switch from a 2002 for my 2003 sport maybe because its an xlt
  15. O

Look what I got today - 07 fusion keys! For my 04

I got one as well, but the shroud ? on my ignition on my 2003 sport are too skinny for the thicker key $30 if anyone is interested, its new and uncut.
  16. O

What transmissions were offered for sohc 97-2000

I"m explorer (sport)shopping would one of you help me out with the following info. what transmissions were offered on the Explorer sport with the sohc engine Looking in the 1997 (probably 98-2000) range both 2wd and 4x4 I'm looking to replace my 93 sport and am looking at the 2nd gen...
  17. O

Complete A/c Replacement

I just did most of mine last week... black death victim from pep boys auto. condensor $100 upper hose $100 Compressor used ebay $60 oriface tube $3 (optional variable$30 ) Accumulator $35 Ester Oil $9 Orings come with the parts so you may be good.. if not add about $8 for an...
  18. O

AC Help Needed

You got it dead on. I just got back from the ac shop. even though I replaced and washed out all that stuff it still had some crap in it. They flushed it out.. vacuumed it and refilled it... Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh much cooler then I ever got it. Thanks for the help and quick reply. "D"
  19. O

AC Help Needed

I could use some help. I"ve got a 93 sport with 130k on it when I bought it the ac clutch was broken off the compressor I picked up a rebuilt compressor, upper hose, condensor accumulator and oriface tube and replaced them washed the lower line with mineral spirts then alcohol and...
  20. O

where to run the trailer wires out of the truck??

This sounds like mine. Yes a pic would be nice.... I don't think I have enough wire to go out the center then to the back of the trailer. Thanks 'D"
  21. O

where to run the trailer wires out of the truck??

I've got a 93 sport. it has one of those inline deals for trailer wiring that goes right in front of the left tail light Ihave to do some kind of long distance towing.. Where do you run the wires out of the truck ... do you leave the back window open ? Thanks "D"
  22. O

best bang for the $$

I'm not sure ... soemthing like that or a little higher.
  23. O

best bang for the $$

I have a transgo kit in my 92 SC works good. there is a review of them on sccoa.com Does your trans have a lockup style converter. if it does you can do like I did on the sc and put a 3000 stall speed in it.. .. launches hard but when it goes to 3rd and OD its in lockup mode 1-1 so no gas...
  24. O

How to: trans removal in progress 3-6-04

I have a friend at a tranny shop. often he will take the car to a muffler shop and pay $20 for them to put in new manifold bolts and where the pipes connect.
Back