2014 Global Window Control | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2014 Global Window Control

ajbtv

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Ltd & XLT
The manual for the 2014 Explorers show a Window Control option in the "Driver Convenience" menu section. However, I do not have this option in my Setting on the left LED. Is this something I can get turned on with the 2014? We special ordered my Ex and selected every option available on the order screen except entertainment and bucket seats, so I'm not sure why the manual has reference to items not available. If the function is not available, why is the manual referencing this function?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Your dealer will know, its something they can answer, hopefully..

The manuals will reference everything available, and then say something like
"if equipped".
Your window sticker will define what option package you have for the car,
something like 301a, or 302a etc.
Find that and look that up - then review the list of features in that package.
The electronic driver/safety features are part of this package.

Having said that, there is another post re a 2014 that seems to be missing the Climate function on the right side driver console...

The window feature is not available on the Explorer even though the manual says the menu exists. For some reason the manual never got updated when the feature didn't make production. The Flex manual has the same window feature listed but doesn't exist in the menu. Strangely though it's available on all new Super Duty trucks. It rolls the front windows down when you press and hold the unlock button on the keyfob.

The window feature is not available on the Explorer even though the manual says the menu exists. For some reason the manual never got updated when the feature didn't make production. The Flex manual has the same window feature listed but doesn't exist in the menu. Strangely though it's available on all new Super Duty trucks. It rolls the front windows down when you press and hold the unlock button on the keyfob.
Had something similar on my '09 Highlander. Nice feature on those hot days when the car has been sitting outside all day. I believe it could open 1 or all 4 windows.

Peter

I WANTED THAT ON 2013 EXPLORER!!!!! grrrrrrr

The manual for the 2014 Explorers show a Window Control option in the "Driver Convenience" menu section. However, I do not have this option in my Setting on the left LED. Is this something I can get turned on with the 2014? We special ordered my Ex and selected every option available on the order screen except entertainment and bucket seats, so I'm not sure why the manual has reference to items not available. If the function is not available, why is the manual referencing this function?
Nice to see that some members actually do read the Owner's Guide.;):thumbsup:
If you haven't already, I would recommend downloading the Guide and saving it to your computer. I find that using the 'Find' command from 'Edit' on the toolbar makes it easier to locate items in the Guide.

Peter

I find this information interesting, considering I have a "FIRST PRINTING" edition of the manual and it is also listed on my vehicle under www.fordowner.com. It seems to me someone in Quality Control would have noticed that this feature, including the video of how it works, is misplaced on Exes.

Considering this is only the 4th and 5th 2014 through my dealer, they don't have the information readily available they need to know to be helpful.

As Riley posted, it is likely an oversight in the printing of the Owner's Guide. I checked the online Guide and the only place this feature is shown is in the Information Display listings. It is not referenced anywhere else in the Guide.

Peter

As Riley posted, it is likely an oversight in the printing of the Owner's Guide. I checked the online Guide and the only place this feature is shown is in the Information Display listings. It is not referenced anywhere else in the Guide.

Peter

Just like the '13 Flex manual that states there is a screen that displays power distribution for the AWD like the Explorer has. Although in this instance the feature is not there due to a different supplier of the cluster between Flex and Explorer who couldn't get the display to work with their software.

As did the wife's 2011 Audi....
but I disabled it since one time she had her key fob in the suitcase she calls a purse and the windows WERE rolled down:eek:

As did the wife's 2011 Audi....
but I disabled it since one time she had her key fob in the suitcase she calls a purse and the windows WERE rolled down:eek:

"suitcase she calls a purse"

LMAO

Back