4.6 Timing Chain Walkthrough

rewind1

Collector of Broken Fords
Reaction score
City, State
New Haven, CT
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 Mounty/03 Eddie/02 XLT
I've been sucking info from this forum for a long time. Now that I'm doing a big job I thought I'd give a little back.
My 03 ex has been making some ticking sounds in the front of the engine, from info I've gathered on these forums I've determined that it is most likely timing chain related.
I am currently in progress of tearing down the engine to check it out. I will be posting pictures and instructions/tricks I have used along the way... Check back soon for the creme filling!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Standing by for the creme flling. :p: :popcorn:

>>>>>>>>>>>>

Not gonna touch that one BR! :D Go Bruins tonight! :thumbsup:

Guess I didn't think that through! :scratch: if the B's win tonight they clinch a playoff birth. :D

Guess I didn't think that through! :scratch:>>>>>>>>>>>

LMAO! Soon as I saw what you wrote, I started to crack up laughing.

>>>>>>> if the B's win tonight they clinch a playoff birth. :D>>>>>>>>>>

They didn't, unfortunately for me and my Sabres. :mad: They did get a point going to overtime, the B's. The game was televised nationally on the NHL network. I watched the first period and then dozed off. Couldn't believe the B's couldn't score on the 5 min power play in the first period. Sabs got the Pens tonight at home. Going down to the wire.

Guess I didn't think that through! :scratch:>>>>>>>>>>>

LMAO! Soon as I saw what you wrote, I started to crack up laughing.

>>>>>>> if the B's win tonight they clinch a playoff birth. :D>>>>>>>>>>

They didn't, unfortunately for me and my Sabres. :mad: They did get a point going to overtime, the B's. The game was televised nationally on the NHL network. I watched the first period and then dozed off. Couldn't believe the B's couldn't score on the 5 min power play in the first period. Sabs got the Pens tonight at home. Going down to the wire.

Looks like Caps & Sabs are tied for the final playoff spot.

Looks like Caps & Sabs are tied for the final playoff spot.
>>>>>>>>>>

Yeah tied in points, but the Sabres have 5 games left and the Caps have 4, so Buffalo is given the 8th spot for now, because of the extra game to play and another possible 2 pts to their overall record. That is why I wanted the B's to win last night and knock the Caps down another peg.

Back