• Register Today It's free!

88 bronco2

bonham

Reaction score
City, State
upstate new york
Year, Model & Trim Level
88 bronco2
just wondering if anyone could tell me where to start? when i press down on the gas it sounds like its backfiring it goes pop pop pop, when i let off it goes away only to return when i give it gas

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

mystery solved

well i removed the driverside valve cover, found one of the rockerarms was almost off the valvespring! i loosened the rockerarm, and it sprung back to its place. i needed to change vc gasgets any way so it was a good day under the hood.

nice its always good when something turns out to be a straightforward fix, i hate chasing gremlins around, thats why I eventually swapped a 4.0 into my BII

yeah, down the road i hope 2 do a 4.0 swap just got to do some research, find out the easiest one to do it with mine is a88 5 speed 4x4 and i want to keep it a 5 speed

Yeah the 4.0 is a pretty straightforward swap, esp w a 5spd, let me know if u need help when u go down that road im glad to answer any questions I know the answer to

dont be suprised if i do just have to be patciant and look for the best donor thanks for any help down the road

Back