• Register Today It's free!

96 Explorer Lean

CoreyDA92

Reaction score
City, State
Jacksonville, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
1996 Explorer 4.0 4wd
my 96 explorer 4.0 4wd leans to the left when looking at it from the rear. anyone know how to fix this, and whether its something small or something serious. thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The rear leaf springs sag over time. And since the driver AND the fuel tank are on the left, it tends to lean to the left.

Fix? New leaf springs or the Pro-Comp Add-a-leaf springs helped my lean a little.

thanks man. i was readin your specs, and i was wondering with the tt lift and the modded air box hows the mpg, and do the keys make your cv boots rip often?

51328.png

But lately, my mpgs have been taking a hit because I've been towing on just about all the recent tanks. Honestly, I don't think the modded air box does much. And between the TT lift and the BFG A/Ts, I don't think I'll ever get too much.

thanks man. idk what i get cause my odo doesnt work anymore, but i know it aint great and im about to put 30" bfg ats on it with no lift.

And hey, no problems with the CV boots. I figure that after 120,000 miles and 14 years of sagging, I put it back roughly to factory height- maybe a smidgen over.

was it just the keys cranked or did you get the warrior 3" shackles, too. i wanna do a lift but id have to get the shackles cause my explor already squats stock

Just the TT. While doing the add-a-leaf, I couldn't get the bolts out of the frame where the shackles attach. So if I ever do a shackle install, I'm going to have to work some magic.

Back