'97 Eddie Bauer No air from htg/def/a/c vents | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

'97 Eddie Bauer No air from htg/def/a/c vents

Cliffjrs

Reaction score
City, State
Tillson NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 Explorer 5.0
Blower working, very loud as no air is being pushed. Vacuum resevoir ok, checked lines for leaks found none. Recirc door for a/c opens and closes fine. Door in floor vent by accelerator moves depending which button I push (vent, panel, def, floor, etc). I assume it is not a vacuum prob. I disc power to the blower, plugged the floor vent on pas side with a sponge, and stuck my wet/dry vac on blowing into floor vent on drivers side blocking off as much of it as I could. Let it run for 10 minutes (some air escaping from all vents and def). Now I get just a little air from the vents and def. Hot air but very little. Both hoses to heater core hot.

Help please.

Blower working, very loud as no air is being pushed. Vacuum resevoir ok, checked lines for leaks found none. Recirc door for a/c opens and closes fine. Door in floor vent by accelerator moves depending which button I push (vent, panel, def, floor, etc). I assume it is not a vacuum prob. I disc power to the blower, plugged the floor vent on pas side with a sponge, and stuck my wet/dry vac on blowing into floor vent on drivers side blocking off as much of it as I could. Let it run for 10 minutes (some air escaping from all vents and def). Now I get just a little air from the vents and def. Hot air but very little. Both hoses to heater core hot.

Help please.

Is it posssible that the fan itself has come loose on the shaft of the blower motor? Motor would turn but fan would not.

Guidance from Turdle - thanks

Being it is Halloween I only thought it fitting that I evict the gremlins from my a/c evaporator core and housing.

Took about two hours total. Could probalbly do it in half that now.

Special tools needed:
golf tee to plug windshield washer line
Small wire brush with about 4 inches cut off
vacuum

Slideshow can be found here I suggest put it on fullscreen and advance manually.

http://www.kodakgallery.com/gallery...witchBoard.jsp?token=2137440740103:2020809958

Looks like you had several families of little beasties at one time or another! Good work cleaning out.

Back