B&A Perry's Fenders! | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

B&A Perry's Fenders!

Yes, I know the pics suck, but I wanted to get some up for y'all.

Before:
2235splat3.jpg

2235splat2.jpg

After:
2235dscf0003.jpg

Dead Link Removed

Dead Link Removed

Dead Link Removed

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Originally posted by Alec
Aldive, I probably wouldn't have posted installation info if I didn't do it myself; do you always know what your mechanic has for lunch?

I just asked because you often do not do it or at least you say so; I was just curious.

And yes I know what my mechaniv jad for lunch, today I had fried grouper.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Originally posted by Alec
Oh, and what the hell did they weld if they're fiber fenders?

my thoughts exactly... ok ok im going to go check now this is bugging me.

ok it looks like they welded a few long metal pieces to the body that stick out and then bolt on to the fender to reinforce/mount the fender. the metal pieces are just long metal strips around 3-4'' long and are (pretty messily) welded to the body. at the end of the metal there is a hole that a bolt goes through connecting it to the fiberglass. does this make sence?

Yes, it does make sense. Extra support is always good, unless you're building crumple zones ;) Mine are on there fine though, using the stock mounting points minus the one in the top of the door channel.

One thing I was wondering today: what do all my mods do to accident survivability? Probably not good things, as that 33" tire would probably break my legs :(

YAY! Alec... it looks great... sorry i have just wanted to see these things on your truck since you got the bigger tires... congrats man..

So where are the new pictures? I want to see them in the light.

I didn't use my camera, it was OK89's. Jon, thanks by the way....

So he has to come visit whenever I need pics, and he evacuated the island today.

Looks Great, you are just missing one thing... 4x! When are you getting it?

I think it needs more lift and 4x4. :)

Looks good Alec! Nice work.

Looking forward to seeing them for myself.

Alec,
X looks great!!, Just noticed your driver side spot, cool mod, I like that as well.

Painted!

Painted 'em today. $3 can of Rustoleum enamel :) I know I know.....

It looks ok from more than 20 feet away, and much better than they did white. I'm gonna do a few more coats to make it look better. This is just until I decide to get them professionally done, but at least that isn't urgent anymore. The only thing is I can't get my truck washed with high pressure water :D Guess I could then just repaint, haha.

I'll try to get pics soon, and maybe better ones :cool:

ahh you basically gave it the krylon touch
haha good job

i wouldnt worry about crash surviveablity....the outer fenders dont have much strength in them...its mainly the inner body work (what the fender mounts to) that does all the dirty work in a crash.

I know the fenders don't do much supporting (if any). I'm saying the 33x12.5" tires are much larger and heavier than stock, so they might intrude into my space in a crash.

And after 4 days with paint, the fenders still look good! They actually look better as the paint dried some more.

Back