C1234 fixed but code came back | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

C1234 fixed but code came back

K_Winters

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 Explorer
2007 Ford Explorer

The Wrench light, ABS light and Traction Control light all came on and the right front tire stopped rotating until slammed into reverse for 30 feet then put into a low gear (it drove fine after that to the garage). I ran the codes and got C1234. I replaced the ABS sensor on the right front, cleared the codes, and it ran fine for a few days. I popped the rig into 4 LOW to get into a driveway and then put it into AUTO 4X4 the next morning and all three lights came on again - yet it is driving normally. Anyone out there ever heard of this?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

How did you replace the sensor in the right front hub .....?

Sensor or harness ?
The sensor is part of the entire hub - isn't it ?
That would be something new I learnt today.

Sensor or harness ?
The sensor is part of the entire hub - isn't it ?
That would be something new I learnt today.

You just have to take the brake and rotor off and its right behind that. fairly simple.

Any idea why the same lights would come on after that was replaced?

I think we are talking about the same thing using different terms.
I have replaced the hubs probably 10-15 times by now between 2 explorers we have so I am a little familiar with the design.
By sensor you mean the black harness that bolts into the hub with a small 4 mm Allen bolt ?

If the sensor is good, then there may be a problem with the tone ring, which is part of the hub.

Back