Carlisle, PA May 31st-June 2nd | Page 17 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Carlisle, PA May 31st-June 2nd

NOOOOO.... NOT UNDER THE HOOD!!!!!!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yes, i think i will grab a tooth brush and get the spots i cant usally get, im cleaning under the hood for you Lizard :) haha

Great.. thanx alot.. now im gonna have ta do that as well..... this sux!!!!!!!! lmao

Here's road enforcer's pics:

Dead Link Removed
Dead Link Removed
Dead Link Removed
Dead Link Removed

Thanks a lot Matt!!!! I owe you one.

Like the no roof racks anyone? :)

Whoa....how did you get the roof rack rails off?? Aren't they riveted to the roof of Explorers? wow...

I like your hand made e-addresses on the back window too, LOL Maybe Lizard can get you some vinyl ones instead :cool:

Speak of the devil....Lizard and EB-you don't HAVE to clean under your hoods if you don't want to. I'm heading out for the oven cleaner to hose down my engine with, but I kinda doubt it'll make that much of an impact on all that mud...Lizard, try to use some actual WAX this time! :D :D Thanks, Jeff for posting a map-I'm in the middle of finding good directions and entrance times from Carlisle right now-I'll have them posted within an hour!

Where do we want to meet up for breakfast and when??

I dont care where we eat as long as we eat :). Does any one know if a good campground in the area I dont feel like spending alot for a place to stay.

*prepares his barrage of tuna jokes for carlisle*

Okay, here goes...

Sorry this is so long...

Directions to Carlisle Fairgrounds:

From Pittsburgh: PA Turnpike East (Rt. 76) to exit 16/226 (Rt. 11 South) - Right onto Clay St. at 4th traffic light.

From Washington DC: 270 North to Frederick, MD. - 15 North to junction 94 North - 94 North to junction 34 North - 34 North into Carlisle (approx. 9 miles) - Turn 1st left after Hardees (Spring Rd.) - Turn right at 2nd traffic light.

From Baltimore: 83 North to PA Turnpike West (Rt. 76) - PA Turnpike to exit 16/226 (Rt. 11 South) - Right onto Clay St. at 4th traffic light.

From Philadelphia: Schuylkill Expressway to PA Turnpike West (Rt. 76) - PA Turnpike to exit 16/226 (Rt. 11 South) - Right onto Clay St. at 4th traffic light.

From New York: 78 West to 81 South - 81 South to exit 52 (Rt. 11 South) - Right onto Clay St. at 5th traffic light.

From Route 81 (coming from North): Exit 52 to Route 11 South - Right onto Clay St. at 5th traffic light.
From Route 81 (coming from South): Exit 45 to Walnut Bottom Road - Bear left onto West Street - Right onto K St

Quick facts: If you are coming to a Carlisle Event from the North, it may be faster to get off of I-81 south at Exit 57 (Mechanicsburg Rt. 114), turn right and follow 114 to Rt 944. At the Rt 944 intersection, turn left onto Rt 944, follow to Rt 34 and make a left onto Rt 34. Follow Rt. 34 to the fairgrounds

Has everybody who entered gotten their registration cards in the mail?? We're all set to enter at GATE 3 (On K street off of Spring road), between 9 am and 12 pm.

One side note-78 degrees can get to 85-90 and very muggy out in an open field very quickly.....You might want to wear light clothing. Oh, and beer + hot day = a miserable trip to the bathroom, lol.

I have a canopy that I will be bringing to give us some shade:D

Jeff is da man...! I reckon I ought to bring up some of my collapsable stools with the Lincoln logs, huh? :D

I forgot the map pictures-sorry! here:

Attachments

• carlisle map.jpg
    carlisle map.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 262

And here's one from further away:

Attachments

• carlisle map 2.jpg
    carlisle map 2.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 230

the roof rack was held on by screws thats all :)

You suck :p Mine's held on by friggin' rivets. :p

Looks good, man! What time are we going to be seeing you after you've finished with your tests?

I almost forgot again-DON'T FORGET TO BRING YOUR REGISTRATION CARD WITH YOU!!!

you'll see me by about 1:30 or 2, and yes those www. ads on the back of my glass are hand made and I suggest everyone here does the same when your car gets dirty as hell! It only take 5 minutes and one finger and you get a great hand made ad on the back of your explorer. The only draw back is the dirt you get on your finger, wash your hands or just wipe it onto your pants. And spasy my 610-724-1110 throw me a call around one and I will give you an update of my status ha :)

Have any suggestions on how to get my truck dirty though, It gets cleaned before that happens

mine only got dirty from one night of rain... you guys down in naples dont get much rain... ( i go down there 3 times a year so i know :) )

Have any suggestions on how to get my truck dirty though, It gets cleaned before that happens
Lend me your truck for a few minutes and ill get it dirty.
:D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If you lend Namitey your truck for a few mintues im sure he will get it a lot more then dirty.

Back