Explorer delays | Page 10 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Explorer delays

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

thats amazing that yours went from in production 7/12 to awaiting shipment 7/13. I've been "in production 7/18" since, well, 7/18.
Just shows me their production logistics and control system is out of control and they are manipulating dates for CYA. Very frustrating! I am trying to get hold of a ST that just showed up in the last couple of days near here and buy it rather than assume they will ship my order soon.

Just shows me their production logistics and control system is out of control and they are manipulating dates for CYA. Very frustrating! I am trying to get hold of a ST that just showed up in the last couple of days near here and buy it rather than assume they will ship my order soon.

ive been doing the same. but not finding anything i like actually in stock.i did call one dealer on one thats exactly the same as mine. they claim its coming in 2 weeks, but that was 2 weeks ago..

Will back to 0, contacted Ford and the dealer both saying still in Production. Pointing fingers at each other. All my other purchases and leases (not from Ford)
have been easy. Not sure what to do! Very Disappointing Experience.

I believe it was mentioned in another place that there was a problem with their system. That is one reason the "NaN" is showing on so many 'Stickers'.

Peter

Will back to 0, contacted Ford and the dealer both saying still in Production. Pointing fingers at each other. All my other purchases and leases (not from Ford)
have been easy. Not sure what to do! Very Disappointing Experience.

how did you contact ford? just call the customer service number?

By phone and online. Both are of No help! Sent me to dealership but they have no idea either. No Communication doesn’t speak Favorably for Ford’s “Customer Service”. only have 1 Ford dealership in my area so i have no other options but wait or buy something else. which I don’t want to do.

I called my dealer today and told him I do not want to wait on the ST I ordered on 3/16 and has been "In production" since 6/18 and built and sent offsite ever since 7/16. I found one that is the close to what I ordered at a dealership in Ft Lauderdale and told him to get the vehicle today and I would give him a check tomorrow and pick it up. I am so disgusted with Ford I seriously considered going to another make but I really am excited about the ST.

What would you go to? There's nothing that tickles my fancy like the ST without either going to the dated SRT Durango or moving up in price bracket to the 3 row Germans. Aviator, but they're in the same boat. Same build date as you, still "in production" on my Star White ST.*

Ford site says in production for mine. It also says that estimated delivery date at my local dealership is in 16 days.

Ford site says in production for mine. It also says that estimated delivery date at my local dealership is in 16 days.
You have a delivery date?! Congratulations! I hope it's accurate, at least it makes you feel like there's some progress!

We are going on week 5 my St sitting on a rail car out side Dallas. Is Not on the recall list. No help from either Ford or my dealer.
Is this the norm?

I'm guessing that the dealer may be just as much 'in the dark' as you are. The only one with the answers as I see it is Ford and their communication's system basically seems to range from terrible to non-existant as has been noted over the years.

Peter

I'm guessing that the dealer may be just as much 'in the dark' as you are. The only one with the answers as I see it is Ford and their communication's system basically seems to range from terrible to non-existant as has been noted over the years.

Peter

I agree Peter, after talking to the owner of the dealership I bought my car from, he implied he is as frustrated with Ford as I was in that he was not getting any info from CAP logistics. He has an order in for an ST that they won't give him any info on other than it will likely arrive in December now. That order was placed in late March. Ford is getting a darker and darker black eye on this one.

has anyone heard any updates? Anything moving in the system? I asked my dealer for an update and he said he had none, than came back with "everything was warehoused and now its first in last out".

my tracking still tells me "in production 7/18". I'm starting to get worried about my private offer expiring on 9/30.

upload_2019-8-27_8-25-24.png

I had a build date of today August 28th but was informed by friends at CAP it will likely not be built until next week. No explanation given

has anyone heard any updates? Anything moving in the system? I asked my dealer for an update and he said he had none, than came back with "everything was warehoused and now its first in last out".

my tracking still tells me "in production 7/18". I'm starting to get worried about my private offer expiring on 9/30.

View attachment 173148

Mine was suppose to be built on 8/23 but it was built 8/25. Mine is "in transit", expect it at your local dealer in 9 days.

6/26 Build date...Nothing... called another dealer yesterday. Said the same in Dallas rail yard. No idea when they will be released. Like you mentioned 1st in last out. Communication would be appreciated

Finally, some progress on my Platinum this week. Status went from "In Production" to "Awaiting Shipment" to "In Transit" over a few days. So things are beginning to move.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Finally, some progress on my Platinum this week. Status went from "In Production" to "Awaiting Shipment" to "In Transit" over a few days. So things are beginning to move.

what was your "in production" date ?

Back