Got my star white st | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Got my star white st

tbird462002

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer ST
Found it in dealer stock took like 4 weeks of chasing dealers down but it's finally here.

Drives awesome, just took it on a 400mi trip and couldn't be happier. Haven't stepped on it too hard yet but it rolls out when necessary.

MVIMG_20190706_151349.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Congratulations!

Congrats! And when you do dial up Sport mode and really step on it you won’t be disappointed.

Welcome to the 6th gen. Forum tbird462002.:wave:

Peter

Sport mode is cool, it hangs the revs a little much to really be daily driver in that mode but it moves real good.

You want pics of anything specific?

Sport mode is cool, it hangs the revs a little much to really be daily driver in that mode but it moves real good.

You want pics of anything specific?
Just share what you have

Congrats,
Can you please tell me if it came with a harness for brake controller or if it has a connector for it under the dashboard?

Congrats,
Can you please tell me if it came with a harness for brake controller or if it has a connector for it under the dashboard?
The ST comes with a Class III towing package. The rear hitch panel has both 4-pin and 7-pin (that accommodates electric brakes) connector sockets.

Congrats,
I just bought a RV Travel Trailer, and the Star White/ST, w/Tech and Street. At the RV place, the service mgr. explained that the Explorers come with a PIGTAIL behind the dash to connect to YOUR brake controller. And there's a fuse dedicated to the brake controller wiring.
After spending half a day trying to get to the pigtail of a 2019 Explorer, he called a Ford Tech friend who showed up with special tools and had the pigtail within 30 min. He had almost broken some of the dash plastic without the tool.
I'm having my dealer connect the pigtail, then I'll mount the controller myself.

PJ

Welcome to the Forum PJ.:wave:
Congrats on your new acquisitions!
It seems that it must be more difficult to get to the brake controller harness in the 6th gen than in the 5th gen. Must be a different setup as I don't recall any mention of requiring any "pigtail" for the previous generation.

Peter

I just picked up my new 2020 Explorer ST in Star White last night. Now.... I'm NOT a white car guy but this color is amazing in person. So far not many miles on it but thats gonna change real quick

I just picked up my new 2020 Explorer ST in Star White last night. Now.... I'm NOT a white car guy but this color is amazing in person. So far not many miles on it but thats gonna change real quick

Yeah, it has a pearl glow to it that's hard to capture on camera. Looks really good in real life.

IMG_9390.jpg

That's because it's a Metallic Tri-coat.

Peter

That's because it's a Metallic Tri-coat.

Peter
I’m aware of that. I initially wanted Rapid Red but this color spoke to me when I saw it in person

I’m aware of that. I initially wanted Rapid Red but this color spoke to me when I saw it in person

The white is gorgeous. It is such a true white, reminds me of the Audi White.

The only problem with the Star White is if you ever need body or paint work done in the future. It's very difficult to get any re-work done to match. Not sure how well the pearl stands up to sun fade either. I made it 6 years on my last truck with zero door dings, hope I can pull that off again.

The only problem with the Star White is if you ever need body or paint work done in the future. It's very difficult to get any re-work done to match. Not sure how well the pearl stands up to sun fade either. I made it 6 years on my last truck with zero door dings, hope I can pull that off again.

To be honest, you can have the same issues with it being brand new. The doors, side view mirrors etc are painted at different times then the body with different batches of paint. I could see my mirrors on my 11 were a shade different if you really looked at it.

A good auto body should be able to blend it well enough that you dont see any difference it if is ever needed.

To be honest, you can have the same issues with it being brand new. The doors, side view mirrors etc are painted at different times then the body with different batches of paint. I could see my mirrors on my 11 were a shade different if you really looked at it.

Yep, the rear bumper on my Fusion is like this. It's just a hair different from the body, mostly noticeable under warmer ambient lighting colors and from the right angle.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back