• Register Today It's free!

HELP can't remove EGR DPFE sensor

pushcode

Reaction score
City, State
Indianapolis
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Ford Explorer XLT
Anyone have any tips to help me remove the DPFE sensor?

I've got an '02 Explorer XLT. I've seen a couple vids of guys just pulling it up and off. But that's not working for me. It seems to be stuck on those tubes pretty tightly. Any suggestions for helping me remove it.

I've tried: Sheer strength with bare hands, and with gloves.
Using a vice-grips, and pulling hard while standing on foot stool for extra leverage.

Neither of those worked. I need to replace this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

just brute force, you need both hands to pull the sensor out of that rubber hose. Hold steady the 2 metal pipes (you don't want to break those pipes) and one twisting or pulling out the sensor.

-----------------------------------------------------------
MY MOUNTY
http://www.facebook.com/diyfordexplorer?sk=photos

Thanks, esclamada. I was afraid of that. It's really on there. I will keep at it. Hopefully it'll come off.

I replaced mine last week and it wasn't too bad. I used vise-grips like you. I lightly grip each hose and give it a slight twist until it move. Then I do the same with the other hose. Once both hoses move freely then I just pull the whole unit out.

Thanks for the pointer Bruce. So just to confirm, the sensor fits in to the rubber tubes. And the rubber tubes fit over the metal tubes. Correct?

Yes that is correct. These are two different sizes so you cannot mess them up.

Back