Help | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

cammingle

Reaction score
City, State
buffalo new york
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 explorer
I have a 94 ford explorer and it has had many problems but its become my project and I refuse to give up on it so..
I bought it and it would only start on the thrid try. It ran very sluggish when you would take off it would almost stall eh it really didnt stall but it would seem that the engine would cut off let off the gas and it would pick back up cant go over 50 on a good day and it seems the less gas it had in it the better I dont know why So I Started work
I replaced plugs and wires. I replace the fuel filter and a exhuast line that had rusted right through. I have filled the tank and used injector cleaner and nothing its only gotten worse now that the cold weather is here it dont want to run at all it will start after some trys and then stall hit the gas and it stalls right away any ideas I'm lost someone said coil pack but I'd like to know what everyone thinks PLEASE!!!:confused:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I was thinking coil pack...

Yes I did replace the fuel filter and a erg or egr valve sorry new to this whole thing

Check the vacuum lines on the vacuum tree located on the drivers side near the firewall. A disconnected line could give you the symptons that you have.

Back