How is the New 2.11 working? | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How is the New 2.11 working?

Is there anyway to do the update myself or do I have to go to the dealer?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Got the update installed yesterday (they also did the TSB for A-Pillar rattle, and replaced all 4 window moldings to reduce streaks). It is MUCH faster however I've already had 2 black screens. The difference this time is that after 30 seconds it reboot on it's own rather than me having to pull the fuse. But in less than 2 hours worth of driving having two black screen crashes is ridiculous in my opinion.

w1kedz, a bit off topic but how are your windows now? I brought mine in and they replaced something in all 4 windows and the damn streaks seem to be worse. And now my drivers side door lock knob rattles like mad. Annoying as hell to say the least.

Well, dropped my ex. off at the dealer this morning for the 2.11. Will update if and when I get more information. They have not worked on any Ex's for this type of work before so I will be surprised if it works
The stupid navigation said I had arrived at my destination at the dealer. But, I was at the county dump three miles north of town ! Does MFT know something that Ford doesn't know? True story.
The service manager had a laugh when I told him the dealership moved to the dump. Maybe I should of dropped the car off there?

w1kedz, a bit off topic but how are your windows now? I brought mine in and they replaced something in all 4 windows and the damn streaks seem to be worse. And now my drivers side door lock knob rattles like mad. Annoying as hell to say the least.

The windows still streak :) no difference....
If there is any rattling I would suggest taking it back to them to fix now..

The stupid navigation said I had arrived at my destination at the dealer. But, I was at the county dump three miles north of town !

The navigation system is fancy but the map is very old and unaccurate. It is unrelated tohe update. Who know when Ford will come up wiht a new map at all. That is one thing that hold me back.

The navigation system is fancy but the map is very old and unaccurate. It is unrelated tohe update. Who know when Ford will come up wiht a new map at all. That is one thing that hold me back.

Amen, we took a trip to Kansas City last weekend and about 1 in 3 POI's were found. We couldn't enter an ADDRESS of a business that has been there for 40 years and it wouldn't find it by phone number. One POI wasn't found by address or phone and when we got there and put it as a favorite, it was listed as a totally different street than the actual address of the business. The nav maps in our garmin and the lexus factory systems aren't like this. My wife is very "nav system dependent" so this is totally unsatisfactory. What was Ford thinking when contracting for the nav maps! I guess I'll have to stick the old Garmin on the windshield which seems a total waste. I'm certain v 2.11 won't fix anything in the Nav system. Ford needs to provide a better mapping system, go to NavTeq or something better established!

Is Ford leagally responsible for providing such a buggy navigation system out?
What if someone end up in a very bad neighborhood due to the GPS and get rubbed? IF any indipendent GPS equipment co. sale something like this, they will close shop quickly.

Back