How to: 3rd Gen BODY LIFT. Install. | Page 17 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Yes you will have to make a bracket for your bar. As for the rear hitch you can flip it and it is easy. I will make you guys a pic showing what to drill and what to remove off of it so your bumper cover fits correctly. Peoples heads turn in town here, I believe I have the only lifted 3rd gen in this small town...will get back to you guys with all my pics.

As I'd said, I remember there being a reason some people couldn't just flip their hitch and make it work, and I remember being one of the ones who couldn't.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

As I'd said, I remember there being a reason some people couldn't just flip their hitch and make it work, and I remember being one of the ones who couldn't.

If you have the Class IV hitch with 2" receiver, you will not be able to flip it.

I just used 1/4 steel plate 4" by 6" drill holes to match bolt pattern my wife tested it last sunday back into a lamp post she wont be driving it anymore.

Finally got my tires and rims
IMG_1741.jpg

IMG_1742.jpg

IMG_1743.jpg

IMG_1744.jpg

IMG_1745.jpg

IMG_1746.jpg

IMG_1747.jpg

IMG_1748.jpg

IMG_1749.jpg

IMG_1750-1.jpg

Other than for looks (and I love the look), what is the purpose of a Body Lift? Is it just to get bigger tires under it? I ask since I am about to instal my RaodBully Spacers to gain more clearance for deep water (2002 Ex). I am thinking aboout a BL just to get an extra inch or two of tire diameter. Are there other reasons? What am I missing?

Just ordered my body lift. The RB spacers were ordered Nov 7. I can hardly wait to get everything together.

Haven't got 'em yet but am VERY patient and Ben's been good about responding to my emails right away so no worries, they'll come.

Besides I live just below the Alaskan border we can't play until mid March.

I see, that's cool. I'm just not as patient as you I guess.

The lift kit cost $280CD delivered at a local parts shop. I know I could have saved about $30 ordering online, shipping up here is $75 on ebay.
I decided I'd like to support a local shop, its worth it more often than not.

so what is the difference about a roadbully spacer and a body lift? since most of yall are talking about putting both on

so what is the difference about a roadbully spacer and a body lift? since most of yall are talking about putting both on

Body lift jacks the body up off the frame, extends the steering shaft, and raises the front bumper by way of brackets. The RB lift is a suspension lift in the sense that you are adding spacers between the strut mounts, essentially raising the truck by way of the suspension.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Just look at thepotroast X or mine that is what they look like with RB lift and body lift that is how good they look and how high they are.

Back