Insturment Panel Light | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Insturment Panel Light

Woah...I notice both of you have 07s. How odd, my 08 EB, the temp and fuel gauge are on the opposite side as yours. Wonder why they flipped sides.

Anyway, thanks for the info! Came here looking for info because my temp gauge light went out tonight. Looks super easy.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks for continued help. I have been all over this site and if you try and search by vehicle is says they dont fit but ordered some anyway. I will let you know if they work....

Well the ones Lucas recommended did not work.

Well the ones Lucas recommended did not work.

You have to bend the metal tabs so they make contact. It is better to do it when its dark out so you can see when they make the proper contact, they light up.

You have to bend the metal tabs so they make contact. It is better to do it when its dark out so you can see when they make the proper contact, they light up.

Thanks but I tried to do that. You could tell that it would just take a few good bumps in the road before they came lose. Seems the diameter was about 1 mm smaller than factory sets. They were also very fragile... Doesn't anyone know where i can get some that actually work and fit?

Thanks but I tried to do that. You could tell that it would just take a few good bumps in the road before they came lose. Seems the diameter was about 1 mm smaller than factory sets. They were also very fragile... Doesn't anyone know where i can get some that actually work and fit?

Sorry it didn't work for you, mine are still working fine. Check out Josetorr06's posts. Looks like he used separate bases and bulbs.

I found the after market instrument cluster bulb size the 03 Aviator, after doing some research, the Sylvania 2723 looks exactly and the same specs as the factory bulb.

7 Lamps is right!
In my opinion their type is "B8.4D".
And here is a link to LED replacement lamps:
http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-...ction=DispPage&Page2Disp=/specs/B8.htm#photos

8657026mkr.jpg

Sorry to revive an old thread. However my left blinker light is out on the cluster and i'm curious which bulb as far as do I need the socket+bulb or can I use just a new bulb, what type bulb, and how to replace them. HELLLPPP please.

Jacob, this all has been described at page 1 of this thread.

Back