Lifeguard's sas. | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Lifeguard's sas.

Ok, so since my car was towed home yesterday with no breaks i will be starting my sas. :D i am using a d30 front end with RA's that my buddy gave to me when he put a hp d44 under his 97 yukon :cool:. so since i have ben buying barts for over a year now i have almost all the styuff i need. there will be no guts in the axle for a little bit since i had to start on the swap eraly and need my truck back on the road. so on with the pics . i have goten this far in a day and a half. :D

i went thrugh 2 grinders cleening this thing up. lol good thing they wher only $8 from harbor freght
100_0911_00.jpg

100_0914.jpg

still need to weld the perches and set the pinion angle. anyone know an esay way to do that?
100_0916.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks guys. :) i never thought of looking on there lol.

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Ok. small update. :) on friday i will be picking up a hp dana 44 and 9":cool: dont think ima use the 9" tho. but they come as a pair so get it to. will have pics on friday ;)

ok ther hear. my new axles. HP Dana 44 and a big bearing 9" :D what do you think?
100_1142.jpg

100_1145.jpg

100_1144.jpg

100_1143.jpg

It's a good start.

Nice, looks like a 78-79' F-150 HP D44 and 9" :D same axle I am using (cept mine is narrowed) as for steering ya may wanna check out the route I am going with mine (and pretty sure a few others have done the same steer setup already as well) well soon as my tube inserts show up :rolleyes: but at the least I have a write up on which TRE's to use :D

can any one school me on the 9" the guy said it has 30 spline axles stock but i thought they where all 28 spline? and how are people getting drive shafts to work? do i need a new one or dose the 8.8 flange fit on the 9" pinion? thanks

You'll need to get a different driveshaft built. If the 9" is from the same vehicle as the D44 it should have 31 spline axles and it is the big bearing variety.

Depending with the yoke that is on it, it might work. Mine had a 1310 yoke (uses same u-joint as stock 8.8 Explorer), so I just had to pull off the u-joint flange adapter. Since I had so much lift, I also had to have it extended. Measure the yoke and see if yours will work. If not, you can either have a new end put on it when you get it lengthened or put in a conversion/******* u-joint.

thanks for the input. think a 4 door drive shaft will be long enough?

how long is urs now?

right now its the stock 2 door one, but with the soa it has about an inch of slip left, and i plan on putting the aal's back in. so it will be to short.

If i am correct i had to have my drive shaft out of my 4dr extended 3.5 to 4 inches....

Wouldnt even drive it with an inch left of slip yoke thats just asking to play FROGER.... i think a stock 4dr would be just right or very close.Try making one i made mine 7 inches lnger with a 1 ton bottom yoke and its .25 inch wall gas pipe;)

well my ex was totaled today

came out to go to work, and found it was broken in to. :fire: stole the head unit sub and amp. but it now needs a new dash, driver door, lock, interior trim and more. i am going to buy it back and us the left over to finish the sas
hear are some pics
100_1151.jpg
="Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting"></a>
100_1148.jpg

100_1152.jpg

aww man so sorry to hear that -- those *******s

ya. there is close to 3k in damage. depending on what the buy back is i might come out a head. still a hassle tho.

that is of the homosexual.

ok well i should be getting my check soon and will be using it to finish the swap. my new plan is to run 37's and 5.13's but my buddy's think that 5.13 is to much for a car that is still my dd. any input on this?
for coils I think I'm going with the cage 5.5, and i want to extend the ra's
Think the 2" aal will level it out?
thanks for any input. :)

Back