Lift

boble86

Reaction score
City, State
midlothian,TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
93 XLT
Boble86's 5.5 superlift install

Hey guys i started installing my 5.5 superlift this weekend. Was going pretty good saturday morning. My friend painted all the lift parts blue and while he was doing this i was ripping things apart. Some bolts were pretty damn hard to get off. we would have to get the breaker bar and than literaly a 4 ft poll to get leverage and crank on it. so after a few hours of working i get everything tore off, and my friends decided not to help much more and started drinking. Dont forgot now were only 18 lol. so there gettin drunk and wont help me and decided hey lets take a break and go see blade 3 so i was like alright sounds good. So were on our way to the movies and me and my friend justin are the 2 sober ones and we drive. well we get to the movies and me and justin go in while the others drank a few more in the parking lot and we go in the movies. Next thing i know my friend scott comes in and say hey bobby cops wanna talk to you and i was like o yes i love talking to cops lol. They had tried to sneak beers into the movie and they got caught and the cop was wanting to know who drove and if i had been drinking or anything. Ended up he called there parents they had to come get them and they cops made us all leave so after talking to them i only say 30 mins of the movie i paid for. Well my friends shop im working in was one that his parents had to come get him so his dad wasnt to happy so didnt get to work on the truck anymore that night lol. Next day i go over there start getting to work and getting brackets on and than joe say hes got hw. so im working by myself. ok well im trying to get the axle into the brackets and while doing this it falls of the jack and bends the u joing to the axle so now i have to get a new u joint spider thingy lol dont know the exact name. so we get them all on and were putting the bolt in that mounts the radius arm and the coil spring and my friend cross threads it. Yes!!!! i was so excited. so we had to crank the sucker down cross threaded took about 45 mins than we realize we put the radius arms on the wrong sides lol. so crank em off an hour later there on the right said and ready to go. so we put the coils on and the shocks. than today i took the pitman arm off put the new one on.(was a lot harder than that took a lot of cuting and hamering) than hooked up the steering and sway bar than i went to practice.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

sounds like a pain in the ass

lol sure was but i finished it now, just went and bought a titanium drill bit went a lot faster lol. i ended up cuttin off my rear spring perches and rewelded them on top. had kind of a ****ty welder so once i go back to school im gonna grind down the welds and reweld them to make sure its strong. All i have left on the lift is the brake lines and trckmagic still has them and i havent had time to go pick them up from him so i am doing that when i get back home from vac.

did u have to lengethen your driveshafts? or alter/rotate the axles?

didnt have to lengthen the drive shafts but i changed the perch on the reaf axle so that it would run smoother no as rough on the gears

Back