Moab 2015 - May 22-24 | Page 7 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Moab 2015 - May 22-24

Would anyone be interested in a manual 1354 with all parts to install shifter boot ect? I could bring it with me. If any one wants it.

How much? I would very much like to switch to a manual t-case...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I was thinking $250 for it all I have shift boots for both auto and manual transmission

I'll call dibs (if that's cool with you), but I'll need to get my old tires sold first to make sure I have enough cash. Anything else I've saved at the moment is going to this trip and the drive to Ohio at the end of the month. I'll let you know for sure by the end of the week.

That's fine I'll be sure to load it up and bring it with me.

We meet at the City Market in the middle of town each morning at about 8:30. We try to hit the road by 9am.

Thanks Rick, looking forward to it!!

I'll call dibs (if that's cool with you), but I'll need to get my old tires sold first to make sure I have enough cash. Anything else I've saved at the moment is going to this trip and the drive to Ohio at the end of the month. I'll let you know for sure by the end of the week.

That's fine I'll be sure to load it up and bring it with me.

If for what ever reason 5spdman is unable to make the trade, I'd like to be second in line for the tcase. If anyone else has a manual tcase they are looking to unload, let me know!

Glasken, I could possiblely get another one together just don't have a second shift boot

I just noticed this thread. My wife and kid and I are making a dirt bike trip later in the week. Will anyone be there the 25th- 28th? I might have to push to get my ranger done and bring it.

I just noticed this thread. My wife and kid and I are making a dirt bike trip later in the week. Will anyone be there the 25th- 28th? I might have to push to get my ranger done and bring it.

I'll be there from the 19th-24th

Confirmed 2 in my party. Friend of mine who is big into mudding. Convinced him to try out the off road scene. He'll be riding with me, since his sierra is more down than up. ;)

12 more days!!! Time sure is going by quick!

...I'm going to bring some parts and goodies including a shift boot for sale and trade..:D

..Anyone have a copy of July 2015 "Adventure Bound" issue of Four Wheeler Magazine? I'm on the road and I heard there are a few Explorers or Explorer pictures to be shared...:popcorn:

Before it's too late, I'd like to repeat the question from this post, but rephrase it... Is anyone planning on bringing or renting mountain bikes? Two pickups make for easy shuttling some otherwise very strenuous trails on the up-hill (ie: Mag7).

Even if I can't bring the Explorer (which is possible), Rachel and I will still be riding and it would be awesome to shuttle some long trails with friends.

Before it's too late, I'd like to repeat the question from this post, but rephrase it... Is anyone planning on bringing or renting mountain bikes? Two pickups make for easy shuttling some otherwise very strenuous trails on the up-hill (ie: Mag7).

I had entertained the thought of bringing mine up with me, but my Walmart special needs some work...rear gears/bearings and the chain are all seized up and I don't have the time to work on it before then...no extra cash for a rental either...

FWIW, I've been wanting to rent a full suspension bike during this trip and if I can't bring the Explorer, them I'll have my bike and a few extra bucks to rent a 'real' one. Funds and space will limit most of us in some way, but I'm willing to skip a couple meals to pay for a rental if someone's willing to suffer riding slickrock on my old steel Trek hardtail :D.

FWIW, I've been wanting to rent a full suspension bike during this trip and if I can't bring the Explorer, them I'll have my bike and a few extra bucks to rent a 'real' one. Funds and space will limit most of us in some way, but I'm willing to skip a couple meals to pay for a rental if someone's willing to suffer riding slickrock on my old steel Trek hardtail :D.

Being this will be my first adventure to Moab, and the last real 4X4 trip I take before moving back to Ohio, I think I'm gonna stick with 4 wheels on this trip, otherwise I'd take you up on that offer!

When is everyone arriving for the most part? I will be in the area and can be there Friday morning for a stock-ish run or Friday evening for a run Saturday.

Tbars and I will probably be in Beef Basin (S of Moab) Wednesday night camped out and depending on when everyone gets there we may book it out to the highway or take the longer way through Lockhart Basin and be in Moab sometime mid-Friday.

[MENTION=71]Rick[/MENTION], is there a 2M frequency you usually use while in the area?

[MENTION=1644]Brian1[/MENTION] 146.54 should be a good simplex frequency. I have a repeater guide and we can check to see which repeaters are actually on the air when we get there.

We should be arriving late afternoon on Thursday.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I think I'm gonna stick with 4 wheels on this trip
:(, but makes sense... this IS supposed to be wheeling trip after all :thumbsup:

When is everyone arriving for the most part?
Rachel and I should be there Friday afternoon. Again, we may be pure stock unless I can get my shi@t together with the Explorer.

Back